“Great location, new management, improving daily”

Coconut Tree Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 217 Restaurants in Roatan
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Coconut Tree restaurant is centrally located just at the entrance of the "West End" area of Roatan. We are on the second level and offer open air dining with a fantastic view of Half Moon bay just just a few short feet away. Atmosphere is casual and inviting including great Breakfast, lunch and Dinner menus as well as nightly specials and frequent entertainment.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went here last week for music and happy hour. Music is great but service is diffinitely on island time. The new cook was doing Tex-Mex in a little place farther down in West End in the past. Now he's taking over CoCoNut Tree. There are lunch specials (we had the beef enchiladas which were very good and couldn't finish the lunch portion!) He should be doing breakfast service soon and knows the service must improve. Go upstairs, enjoy the food and view, and island time.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just ate here for dinner tonight. They were out of any soup and all steaks, but that happens sometimes on an island. It said it was happy hour but when I asked about drink specials I was told that there weren't any??? Our server was very slow and not friendly. Took me 3 times to get a pina colada. Ice water glass was cracked and I asked for a replacement which I never did receive. The food was really good which is why I gave it a 3 star rating. I had chicken fingers and fries...pretty hard to mess that up, but the chicken was plentiful and moist, the thick fries were really good too. My daughter had fajitas, they were good, lots of chicken and peppers, very tasty. My husband had chicken kabobs which were also very good.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Truly a forgettable experience! Service was slow even for those accustomed the "Island time!" We received water and then waited for our food for 1 hour and 15 minutes!!! No one came to check on us. We had to go into the kitchen to find someone to ask about the status of our meal. When it FINALLY arrived it was absolutely flavorless. The much raved about coconut shrimp was tasteless as was the fish. Save you money and go elsewhere; anywhere else! Terrible!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went to this restaurant twice during our 4 day stay on Roatan. We sat up at the bar and enjoyed the water views of Half Moon Bay. The service was great and bartenders really friendly. They brought out a free dill dip to start the meal...very tasty. The coconut shrimp app was fantastic and unlike any other coconut shrimp I've ever had. The breading we very light and served with a fresh pineapple chutney.

For lunch we ordered the veggie sandwich with buffalo mozzarella and the grilled shrimp sandwich with mozzarella...both served with a creaming pink sauce. After the meal we were given a small vanilla bean flan as dessert...this was the perfect end to our meal. This restaurant is open air, casual and I would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great service. The server was very friendly. The grouper was excellent. The entertainment was superb with a Canadian band.