“Very quiet beach”
Review of Roatan Pirates Bay

Roatan Pirates Bay
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very laid back beach, chairs available and cold beer! We pulled our lounge chairs into the water to stay cool and would go back again, only thing missing was music in the background.

1  Thank JIm P

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We went to Pirate's Beach on an excursion with Royal Caribbean for $ 26.00 each which included transportation there & back. We met as soon as we docked at 10:30 a.m. We took a short bus ride through town to get to the beach. It was not crowded at all..Lots of chairs & a very nice covered eating area. We picked a spot in the shade & we were good. The water is not very deep and it is calm. We enjoyed walking around checking the place out. The Pirate Ship was not open for us to tour when we were there. We enjoyed a local beer, Barena which was very good. The only downfalls would be I thought the price of food was very high and the bathroom we used was not clean or in working order. I was very surprised at the condition of the bathrooms since the place is soo beautiful. There are kayak's to rent, 20.00 for 1 hour. We split this with another couple. The water is so shallow though.. We spent a couple hours here then took a bus back to the boat. We enjoyed our day!!

3  Thank may2000
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We took a shore excursion (sight seeing & beach) on our cruise ship, NCL Dawn. It included 90 minutes at this beach. The beach is fabulous, however the sand is a little rough due to the coral pieces. It was fun gathering coral. The water is warm & very clear. They serve chicken & fish platters for $10-12 and cokes for $2 and beer. There is an outdoor shower & indoor bath facilities. Bring your own towel. a nice place to visit, very peaceful & Quiet!

1  Thank sunfun4850
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I totally loved this place. It was like the most beautiful beach resort I have ever been to. I was visiting the island for a few hours as our ship was docked for the day. If I had more time, I would have stayed all day just to enjoy the beach chairs and swim in the beautiful water. Oh, and not to forget the Pirate Ship. It was actually used in a movie, I believe one of the Pirate's of the Caribbean movies.

There are some shops and a little flea market type thing outside. Unfortunately, I didn't have any cash on me, or I would have brought something. I loved the hand crafted items for sale.

I'd love to go back. It might be a while though. Next time, I will bring my swim suit and a towel so that I can enjoy the beach resort the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

2  Thank Joy0810
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husand and were there early April from the Norwegian Dawn. Our first time in Roatan. Read all the reviews about West Bay, including how busy it can be. So I did some internet searching and discovered this hidden gem.

Talk about a tropical paradise without all the crowds .... This little cove is gorgeous !! The water is incredible blue, the sand incredible and the shore line is soft and easy to walk. The lounge chairs are big enough to feel comfortable or if you want it cozy, 2 can fit. We each had a massage on the beach and I fell asleep. The breeze coming off the water was very soothing. There many great parts about our day visit and one important part was the buffet they chefs had prepared. Incredible food !!! and they were serve it to you in your chair if you'd like. There was plenty of shade if you got a bit warm.

The staff ... Magaly is the person who ususally answers e-mail. She is very nice and returns messages promptly. There is a very clean and comfortable, air conditioned van that will pick you up at the port to drive you there and back. No worries about transportation. I encourage all to visit Las Palmas on your first, third or fifth trip to Roatan. When I can get back, my destination will be Las Palmas !!

6  Thank Sun_Sea_4_me