“A very Nice Beach”

100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“A very Nice Beach”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We took a shore excursion (sight seeing & beach) on our cruise ship, NCL Dawn. It included 90 minutes at this beach. The beach is fabulous, however the sand is a little rough due to the coral pieces. It was fun gathering coral. The water is warm & very clear. They serve chicken & fish platters for $10-12 and cokes for $2 and beer. There is an outdoor shower & indoor bath facilities. Bring your own towel. a nice place to visit, very peaceful & Quiet!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank sunfun4850

St. Petersburg, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Beautiful Beach Resort and a Pirate's Ship!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I totally loved this place. It was like the most beautiful beach resort I have ever been to. I was visiting the island for a few hours as our ship was docked for the day. If I had more time, I would have stayed all day just to enjoy the beach chairs and swim in the beautiful water. Oh, and not to forget the Pirate Ship. It was actually used in a movie, I believe one of the Pirate's of the Caribbean movies.

There are some shops and a little flea market type thing outside. Unfortunately, I didn't have any cash on me, or I would have brought something. I loved the hand crafted items for sale.

I'd love to go back. It might be a while though. Next time, I will bring my swim suit and a towel so that I can enjoy the beach resort the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Joy0810
Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Las Palmas - aka Pirates Bay Roatan”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husand and were there early April from the Norwegian Dawn. Our first time in Roatan. Read all the reviews about West Bay, including how busy it can be. So I did some internet searching and discovered this hidden gem.

Talk about a tropical paradise without all the crowds .... This little cove is gorgeous !! The water is incredible blue, the sand incredible and the shore line is soft and easy to walk. The lounge chairs are big enough to feel comfortable or if you want it cozy, 2 can fit. We each had a massage on the beach and I fell asleep. The breeze coming off the water was very soothing. There many great parts about our day visit and one important part was the buffet they chefs had prepared. Incredible food !!! and they were serve it to you in your chair if you'd like. There was plenty of shade if you got a bit warm.

The staff ... Magaly is the person who ususally answers e-mail. She is very nice and returns messages promptly. There is a very clean and comfortable, air conditioned van that will pick you up at the port to drive you there and back. No worries about transportation. I encourage all to visit Las Palmas on your first, third or fifth trip to Roatan. When I can get back, my destination will be Las Palmas !!

Visited April 2013
6 Thank Sun_Sea_4_me
Adelaide, Australia
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 230 helpful votes
“Clear blue water and paradise.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I loved it here and didn't want to leave. I swam in the most delicious clear blue water in the bay which was not deep (just over a metre) and enjoyed it immensely. There are some craft shops as you walk into the rather old resort area (which is shortly to be completely rebuilt and modernised according to a large poster displayed at the entrance). A folk dance show was offered but I declined preferring to enjoy the water. There are sun lounges under palm trees on white sand and there is serenity. There are also tables and chairs in which to sit in an open air covered area. No vendors on the beach. There is snorkelling equipment but unless you book a snorkelling tour they don't let you use it - we found out when the snorkelling gear was taken from us which was quite upsetting - the snorkelling gear was sitting under a palm tree and we thought it was for our use.

The other swimming area near the main shopping plaza looked nicer and was free as we paid US$56.25 for 2 adults off the Oceania cruise ship Riviera to take a van ride to Pirates Bay. After a cramped and very full ride in a mini van I would have gladly strolled over to the gorgeous free beach from the ship. Most people don't know free swimming is on offer until they get to the destination and they don't tell you on the cruise ships as they are trying to sell their optional tours. I was very annoyed about this lack of information from the cruise company.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank tripping-traveller
Bellvue, Colorado
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Warm water - Quite - few people - Great drinks”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Visited Las Palmas Beach on 1-16-13 as a $20.00 tour from RC cruise ship. One other couple in the van with us. Every one else wanted to go to the West side of Roatan. The beach was very clean and the water nice and warm with white soft sandy bottom. No shells. The beach had numerous lounge chairs and several Palapas. There are lots of Palm trees. There were also tables and chairs on the beach for dining or whatever. The bar is within 20 strides of the beach but they will bring you drinks which are well made and reasonably priced. There is an open air, but covered, dining area on the beach as well. You can get an open air massage for $25.00 for 30 minutes. Do it. No vendors on the beach. There is a pier with a pirate ship to explore a short distance and out of site of the beach. It was closed during my stay at the beach. There are multiple little sales tables set up on the way to the beach with many unique gifts and items to purchase at what I know is a better price than in town. The vendors are polite and not in your face at all. You are offered multiple taste samples of a variety of coffee's. The food is BBQ'd on the beach, well prepared, pleasing to the eye, reasonably priced and quite enjoyable. The bathrooms were clean and well maintained and can be used for a changing room. Very nice beach experience. Oh, the best part? Only saw a hand full of people the entire morning, most of whom were just walking by. What a treat.

Visited January 2013