“Great day paddling and snorkling”

Steve's Paddle Shack
More attraction details
Owner description: Steve's Paddle Shack is the first Stand Up Paddleboard rental shop on the Island. We offer rentals and excursions to remote spots on the Island that you can only get to by water. Be sure to reserve your Stand Up Paddleboard before you arrive to Roatan. We have some of the finest SUP boards on the market. Stand up and Paddle Roatan now! Steve's Island Tours is now operating tours around the island into Oakridge throught the mangroves in a dory boat. My family started in Oakridge, Roatan in 1952 so the tour has become quit popular. book your east side tour now.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great day paddling and snorkling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Steve did a nice job teaching and caring for my family. We hadn't been on boards before and after a quick lesson we were up paddling around the bay. He guided us in our snorkling of the bay and great things to see. Our kids favorite day, we were disappointed it was such a short day. It gives us a reason to return to the island and visit with Steve again.

Visited July 2013

Lookout Mtn, TN
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Awesome experience - thanks Steve!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I planned a trip to a Roatan-based dive resort and really really really wanted to have access to a Stand Up Paddle Board during our trip (after all, no matter how much you want to, one can't dive 24/7). The resort didn't offer SUP's but I was able to find Steve's Paddle Shack through some Google searches - the only SUP outfit on the island. I emailed Steve and he put together an affordable weekly rental rate, delivered it to the front door of my room at the resort, and picked it up again at the end of the week. Could not have been easier. SUP-ing on the calm, early morning sea of Roatan is unbelievable.

Would not have been possible without Steve - would give a 6 star rating if I could.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank HGPilot
East Coast
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A Great Time on the Water!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife was encouraged to try a paddle board experience and Steve's Paddle Shack was highly recommended. We are "seniors" and my wife had never been on a paddle board. Our experience with Steve was fantastic! He explained how they work and how to knee or stand on the board and how to paddle and balance. He then helped my wife on to the board and off she went. 40 minutes later she returned to the beach without falling and had a great time paddle boarding. A fun way to see Roatan from the water and good exercise! We highly recommend Steve's Paddle Shack in the West End next to Sundowner's.

Visited May 2013
Weatherford, Texas
“Simply AMAZING - Steve, Paddle boarding, and ROATAN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Steve is great! We rented boards for a week which he delivered to the house. We were staying between West End and West Bay.
The boards were great. Easy to use. It was my first time to paddle board and the learning curve was pretty short. (10 min)
The boards provided a great way to travel out to the reef to snorkle (tie up to a buoy) or head to West End for refreshments..... Sunset in 1/2 moon bay is a must!!!
Thanks Steve!!!
KO

Visited April 2013
Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't pass up a good paddle board day with Steves Paddle Shack!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were staying in Sandy Bay and we wanted paddle boards for our two week vacation. Steve pulled through and delivered the boards right to our house. The boards were in great shape and pretty self explanatory! He did offer tours, but we didn't have enough time:( We wanted those sunset silhouette photos! We came home from Roatan be had become bitten by the Paddle board bug! Don't pass it up, it is a fully must do while on the island. NOTHING beats paddling in the beautiful bays of Roatan Island. Oh yeah.. the boards also had handy straps on the front of them to put your snorkel gear and small cooler on it to have all your goods handy!! We would paddle out to the reefs and float on the boards back to the beach soaking up the sun! Thanks Steve your service was fast very friendly and nothing but the best!

Visited March 2013