“Sailing in Paradise”
Review of Radical Adventures

Radical Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Free Radical" our 48’ Catamaran is located on the East End of Roatan, the uncrowded, less visited end of the island. If you want an adventure snorkeling, diving, fishing and sailing in pristine waters, we do it all. Our professional crew guides you in the water snorkeling then serve you cold drinks while on board. We fire up our ships BBQ grill & load it up with Chicken & Shrimp Kabobs. Our chicken is boneless breasts cut into chunks & skewered along with onions & green peppers.Our shrimp is straight from the Local Shrimp Boats & couldn't be any fresher. Fresh Caesar Salad, & Honduran style rice round out the meal.Yum! We offer 1/2 day Cruise Ship Sail & Snorkel Excursions & full day East End Snorkel & Sail Day. The Yacht is very clean and offers 4 private washrooms. Daysail capacity is 30 guests. Private and custom charters can be arranged. Don’t miss the best part of Roatan!
Roatan, Honduras
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sailing in Paradise”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Roatan is the most beautiful of all the Caribbean destinations I've been to. I loved it so much I bought a home here. Since moving here 15 months ago I have taken 3 trips on the Free Radical and had a blast every time. Ed and Julie are the consummate hosts who make sure everything is in place to make the best possible experience. They have hired the friendliest and most helpful crew I've experienced. And the food. Awesome. And there's always plenty of beverages of whatever you want. Do yourself a favor and take a day on Roatan to enjoy paradise as it was meant to be enjoyed.

Richard T.

“Best charter in Roatan”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was the second time out with Julie and Ed and Free Radical Adentures, I didn't think that they could improve on our first experience, but they did, the charter was seamess from the minute that we arrived, until we were brought back to the dock on time. Julie and Ed, and their very helpful crew made the day enjoyable, from the spectacular snorkelling, and fantastic lunch to the Pina Colada's made to perfection, I highly recommend that you experience one of the finer day charter experiences that I have ever been on.

Thanks Julie and Ed

Gibsons, B.C.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Christmass Family Adventure!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Rosalie and I booked our grand finally christmas adventure with our children, grand children, friends from the west-end and friends from the east-end of Roatan. There could not have been a better way to send them home with a memory they will never forget. The trip was open to what ever we wanted to make it. Great time was had from the 8 year old to the 63 plus old. Special thanks to Robert who spent all that time snorkelling with our little guy, (the new snorkelling king). Good work guys, just cannot put a price tag on that day. Thanks again Julie and Ed! Looking forward to the next trip. Bob Boileau

Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Third trip back, better than ever!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was my wife's and mine their trip back to Roatan and radical adventures. I didn't think it possible that it could have gotten better but it did. Snorkeling was amazing and I would have missed some of the marine life if it wasn't for Manson snorkeling right along side us and pointing out things we would have missed like the octopus between the rock crevices. amazing to see! The fact that you feel "safe" is great as these guys are born swimmers.

Julie and Ed are so professional and the service is seamless. They keep the food and beverages flowing and don't scrimp on anything!

Overall the best experience on the island!!!

Crossville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Group Excursion”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

November 19, 2013. Overall, excellent. Group of 12 people who were associated with a non-profit animal welfare organization off the NCL Dawn. No problems finding the transportation, even though the port area had changed the situation vs what the "Spirit..." folks told us. Trip was longer than expected, but we got to see lots of the island on the way to the other side to meet the boat. The hosts were great and accommodating. We brought several donation items for the local school and clinic, and the hosts accepted them and saw that they were delivered. The weather did not cooperate with the sailing part, but we soon motored to the snorkel site. Snorkeling was very good, with the reef area being probably 90% live. My wife was disappointed in the lack of colors, so I had to explain about what the water depth does to absorb certain frequencies of light ... what we saw was normal in my opinion. The two snorkel guides helped point out several things and when we returned on board, the food and drink was ready, and excellent. Beer and soda was provided from the start, and the pina coladas were served after we finished the water sports. Lots of good stories from the hosts about their past adventures and some interesting charters in Roatan. I would higly recommend it to anyone who likes small group excursions and snorkeling, and eating and drinking and talking.

Visited November 2013