“Great dive shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Barefoot Divers

Barefoot Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Barefoot Divers 5 Star IDC dive center offers valet diving- we do the work, you have the fun. Boats depart at 8:30, 10:30 and 2pm daily, with night dives on request. The dive shop is located at luxury boutique resort Barefoot Cay, close to the cruise ship docks, airport and ferry dock. Fresh fruit, water and towels are offered on every dive. The dive center has well-maintained rental equipment, private hot water showers and change facilities as well as individual dive lockers, air-conditioned classroom, and resort shop with dive accessories and logo wear. Mary's Place (voted Roatan's no.1 Dive site) is located right on the doorstep. A full range of PADI courses are available, including professional courses and internships. For non divers, there are organised snorkel trips and one day scuba courses.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dive shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and 22 year old daughter had done two dives with this shop when they were in port on a cruise ship. We decided to return for a week of diving while staying at the resort. It is a great shop ( & resort!). We each have about 90-100 dives. The shop is well run, organized, rents well maintained equipment that looks very new. They train dive masters and dive instructors and run a very professional business. We were on the dive package and did some extra dives. I had an issue with my dive computer and they solved it for me! The boats are comfortable and not crowded. The groups are small. The coral is in good shape. We did a variety of dives with a swim through, great night dive and a nice slow drift dive. This is a great place to dive.

Lubbock, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Dive Training Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was my second visit to Bare Foot. The first was to prepare for my PADI IE in 2012 when I stayed for 10 days and took the IE over on Utila. This time it was as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor helping Course Director Gary Miller with his OWSI class of students in March 2014 for two weeks. Almost all of my diving was done on their Cay, with a couple of boat dives. My wife came down the second week for some diving as well. The dive operation is first class, with showers and lockers just steps from the boats and your room if staying at Barefoot. As a PADI 5 Star IDC there are always top notch Dive Masters and Instructors as Gary employees the best from his classes during the year. Gary Miller is a PADI Platinum Course Director, one of the very best. His wife Mary runs the dive shop. Two reasons to go to Bare Foot before choosing another operation in the Bay Islands.

Fair Oaks, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent SCUBA Instructor Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

They are organized, professional, and fun in a classy sorta way. I took my IDC there. The bus picks you up in West End at 7:00 AM. Then there's lots of classroom and underwater instruction too detailed and numerous to mention here.
But if you are looking for a great setting, great instruction, great food, and professional SCUBA instruction…this is the place.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Barefoot Divers at Palmetto Bay Plantation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I visited Roatan recently hoping to do our open water dives and complete our PADI certification. We soon realized that I had screwed up our reservation and we were not sure we could get it done. Erika Macauley to the rescue! She immediately got on the phone worked diligently to get us a dive instructor (Matt) and make it happen. Later that week, thanks to these two individuals we able to get certified. Matt is an excellent instructor and has an incredible amount of knowledge on marine life and the reef. We could not have asked for a better team, great experience. Already looking forward to a return trip!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kelly C
Cleveland, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome experience'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This company is great! Our master diver was Tex and he was terrific! I'm a newly certified diver and due to his calm demeanor I felt less nervous and safe. We were suppose to the only ones on the dive ( we paid extra for this bc of my nervousness) however another gentleman ended up accompanying us. After the dive, my husband spoke to Maryann and she politely and hassle free refunded us our money. I highly recommend barefoot divers! They have excellent customer service and everyone that worked there was super friendly and made you feel welcomed. Tex was also just an all around great guy. On a side note, if you select this company and you are on a cruise line, do not get a cab at the port...they will charge you more than double what the locals will charge. Walk to the bottom of the hill and find one of the local people who are kind and friendly. We found Earl who gave us a history of the island in the brief ride with him...so interesting!!