“Great Week of Diving w/Barefoot Divers”
Review of Barefoot Divers

Barefoot Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Barefoot Divers 5 Star IDC dive center offers valet diving- we do the work, you have the fun. Boats depart at 8:30, 10:30 and 2pm daily, with night dives on request. The dive shop is located at luxury boutique resort Barefoot Cay, close to the cruise ship docks, airport and ferry dock. Fresh fruit, water and towels are offered on every dive. The dive center has well-maintained rental equipment, private hot water showers and change facilities as well as individual dive lockers, air-conditioned classroom, and resort shop with dive accessories and logo wear. Mary's Place (voted Roatan's no.1 Dive site) is located right on the doorstep. A full range of PADI courses are available, including professional courses and internships. For non divers, there are organised snorkel trips and one day scuba courses.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Atlanta, Georgia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great Week of Diving w/Barefoot Divers”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just back from an awesome week of diving with Barefoot Divers in Roatan, during which my husband, my son and I logged our 100th dive. My sister-in-law dove with us and my mother-in-law snorkelled off of the dive boat. Conditions were a little rough on our first two days, so they bussed us over to the West End where the boat was waiting for us in calm waters. It was great to experience dive sites on both sides of the island. West End provided lots of turtles and large grouper. We were able to dive out of Barefoot Cay Resort the rest of the week, and the walls were amazing. We saw seahorses, scorpion fish, schools of creole rass, beautiful coral formations and abundant marine life. The service was first-class and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Tex got us safely to our dive sites and was instrumental in helping us into and out of the water, and Josue was an attentive and safety-conscious dive master. We enjoyed diving with them and the rest of the Barefoot Divers staff. We appreciated diving in small groups. We will definitely be back.

1 Thank DCD-OK

Mystic, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Concierge/Valet Diving, Wonderful Service, Great People!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed off-site from a resort at a VRBO and so we had the whole island to choose from with regards to where (and with whom) to dive. We heard a lot of good things about Barefoot and they were very responsive to our email questions and requests and we decided to book with them.

Very pleased with their service and their offered services! Always quick to help with a smile and never once worried about my gear which was treated with full respect. They made all options available and even organized the Shark Dive for us (Carib Reef sharks right up close and personal).

I've been to big dive operations before where you can get lost in the crowd, but I never felt our boat was overfull, and I never felt unsafe, and I always knew that someone good (other than my dive buddy) had my back if I needed it....even if to save me from the rabid moray eel.

Full marks to the whole team for making this dive vacation, easy, fun, and adventurous. I cannot say enough good things about Barefoot Divers. Whether you stay at the resort, or, like we did off-site, this is #1 Quality and Customer Service driven and you will not be disappointed.

-Ryan

1 Thank Ryan D
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Valet diving is the only way to dive”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Erika was out divemaster for the week. Tyrone was the boat captain. The valet diving at barefoot is awesome. You truly can relax and let the staff take care of all your gear. The hammocks on the pier are a nice place to relax between dives. Erika was an awesome tour guide for our dives. She knew where to find all the fun critters. Great dive shop and staff can't wait to visit again.

Saugerties, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome Staff and Beautiful Coral”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just came back from a week in Roatan. I rented a house on the east end and chose to dive with Barefoot. From the start in scheduling my dives online, Stephanie was very helpful. Upon arrival I was greeted by Mary who took care of setting up everything for me. My wife doesn't dive so she chose to get a massage at the resort, which she said was great. The dive masters that I met and dove with Kristy, Julie, Cory and Johnathan treated me like I had know them for years. Johnathan I hope your hand is better? I felt like part of their family. Once I set up my gear they took care of loading and unloading it every day. The dives were great and they made sure to point out all the fish and sea life that I would have missed with my untrained eye. Scorpion Fish, Sea Horse, Indigo Hamlet, Lobsters etc. Beautiful Coral. Very excited about all the things I had seen and have shown everyone back home already. I really enjoyed my dives with this group of wonderful people. Met some great people and i want to thank everyone there for everything they did to ensure I had a great time. Thank You. If your staying on the island, you must dive with Barefoot DIvers.

Visited April 2013
Benson, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent training and diving”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Just finished Instructor rating with Gary Miller at Barefoot Divers. Great people, facility and dives! Much respect for everyone there including, management, instructors, divemasters and boat captains, except for Tyrone (kidding haha). Had a great 3 months and learned alot. Great place to for all scuba activities, fun diving to advanced ratings. Can't wait to get back!

Pat Duffy