“Great food and drinks!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you visit West End, Roatan you can't be help visiting the Blue Marlin. There's always a nighttime crowd for a reason. The drinks are great and the food is good too. Ed & Mo will make sure that you get your money's worth if you order a mixed drink. Be sure to try the lion fish fingers and don't forget to get a side order of Bitter Balls!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I came here after a dive because one of my dive masters said that they had excellent Lionfish fingers. I sat down and had a few local beers and chatted it up with the very beautiful bar maid, Andrea. I ordered the Lionfish fingers and a chicken burger. I wished I would have known that you get six big fingers because that was enough to fill me up. I went ahead and forced down the chicken burger as well, but left the fries. The Lionfish fingers are awesomely delicious. I will have to go back for more of these. The chicken burger was tasty as well, but not as much as the Lionfish. The view of the ocean while sitting at the bar is spectacular. I sat around for several hours chatting with fellow travelers. The place started to fill up in the early evening and I had a great time. I will stop in the next time I am on the island.

1  Thank Kyle L
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Nice bar/ disco to try in West End. It closed a little early though. The drinks were good and decently priced.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Big booming disco banging bar! This is where the party is at most nights! Bar staff get a bit streessed with the big party crowd sometimes. Music is loud. small dancefloor.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

It is the place to be in the evening.
The place is popular with tourists and stays open later than most other establishments.
Drink prices are on par with the other establishments in West End. Service was prompt but not friendly.

You definitely will not local island flavor here, though - it is more of a "cruise ship" crowd atmosphere. But that seems to be the trend in West End, where most of the bars and restaurants are now owned by Americans and other foreigners.
I found it disconcerting when I tried to order a beer in spanish and the bar tender could not understand me. We are still in Honduras, after all.