“Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 170 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
Wintersville, Ohio
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place is great! Had an awesome experience! It was close to the cruise terminal and takes about an hour to do. The drive up the hill to where the ziplinging starts was very steep and so was the walk up to the first platform. Some of the platforms and bridges seemed a little shaky, but everything was very safe. I have been ziplining 2 times in the U.S. and once in Mexico and this place was by far my favorite. This was my mom and cousin's first time going ziplining, and they had an awesome time as well! The price is very reasonable and you will have a blast! Our guides (Darwin and Andy) were really fun and even recorded us/took pictures using my dad's camcorder at no extra cost. At the end of the zipline tour, you can get drinks at a little stand they have set up and they have a little exhibit with some local animals, someone there to explain a little information about them, and you can hold a couple of really adorable monkeys! Overall this was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone!

Michigan, North Dakota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Alot of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The staff was exceptionally courteous, and accomodating. The price was cheap in comparison to the cruise line. It was an exhilerating experience, although we were safe at all times, there were some scary aspects, such as the bridges, the drive in an open truckbed to the top when the roads had been rained out. It all added to the fun! Wear shoes that have a grip to avoid slipping when walking down. It was rainy season in Dec.
Overall I'd do it again, they did a great job! I recommend booking online for this tour. This is a small business and the curiselines don't even allow the locals near the piers where the ships come in. You will have to walk a few blocks outside the pier to get to the car that takes you to the ziplining company. They are waiting for you with your name on a sign. I think the locals should have a shot at making a living on the tourists more than the huge corporations. It's a shame.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Vanessa D
Dayton, OH
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Incredible adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I loved the ziplines! We booked this independently, and were really pleased with both the location (just a short walk from the pier) and the entire operation. William and Wilkie were our fun guides, and they took lots of pictures of us in action with our camera, so we had great memories when we went home! I can be afraid of heights, but this didn't bother me - even the swinging bridges didn't bother me because I always felt secure. We even hung upside down on some of the lines! We also had fun playing with the cute monkeys afterward! Be sure to wear good shoes for the climb up to the first platform!

1 Thank RestaurantCritic
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great zipline, lots of cables”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I had already done ziplining this trip at our last port of call (Belize City), so we were ready for something else. In Roatan, that was supposed to be parasailing. Enter the high winds. Parasailing was cancelled, so we had 90 bucks and lots of time. Our guide -Charlie from Roatan Christopher Tours - talked us into doing one of the many on the island. We chose Jungle Top due to its proximity to the cruise terminal. Good choice! As others have commented, the platforms were a little shaky-looking, but they felt stable. The drive up the first half of the hill was an adventure in itself, with the steepest "road" we've ever seen.

Our cable guides were Mike and Wilkie. They were very adept, very friendly and accommodating, taking dozens of photos with my wife's camera. They kept us entertained as well during the run and the course was nice and long: 19 cables in all, There were a couple of suspension bridges as well. Some of the cables were pretty short, but there were a good few longer, fast ones at a pretty good height.

All in all, we'd highly recommend Jungle Top.

Nashville
3 attraction reviews
“What an Awesome Time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is the best kept secret of Roatan! It's not in the 'site seeing' part of the island (close to Mahogony Bay), it's a little further into the island. We took a local taxi further into the island. We were kind of leery at first, but the locals were so very friendly and really put us at ease. Most of the locals spoke english so we had no trouble understanding anyone. This zip line is the largest of the island, with 24 zips in all. The lines are placed up in the jungle with breathtaking views of the sea and port. We had two guides that were very experienced with zip lining and safety came first. One guide (July) went first, then us (my husband and I), then the 2nd guide (William). They even took our camera and took pictures of us zip lining!! Such very sweet boys!! After the zipping, they had a few animals that we could pet such as 3 monkeys, a deer, a wild rabbit, and a tucan. It was the best fun we had on our cruise!!