“Zip Line Experience with Beautiful View (Plus Monkeys!)”

Jungle Top Zipline Adventure
Ranked #9 of 193 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We decided to do an impromptu excursion through with a taxi tour at Carnival's Port. The roundtrip taxi ride for five of us was $50, plus tip for the guide. The taxi driver and guide stay with you for the entire trip. The zip line (plus monkeys) is shown as $45pp online (www.jungletopzipline.com), but we found them open to negotiation once there.

Our group included ages between 8 and 43 and we have all been on zip lines in other parts of the world. These were 18 fabulous lines through the jungle setting, plus swinging bridges connecting some of the platforms. We found our guides (Rafael Bennett and Jeffrie Johnson) to be extremely safety conscious and their fun approach really added to the enjoyment of the experience. The monkeys were a neat addition to the overall adventure.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family and I just returned from a Cruise on the Carnival Legend where we stopped in Roatan Honduras. We left the ship and found our own tour guide from one of the well organized local companies (at the taxi stand). They took us to the Jungle Top Adventure to zip line. None of us had ever done this and we were very nervous; however, we did it and I'm SOOOOO glad we did. It was a blast!. We had amazing views of island, the bay, and our ship sitting in port. The equipment was in excellent condition and we felt very safe. Our guides were William Rivers and Rafael Bennett and a third young man who's name I don't recall. They were very careful to keep our safety as their top priority while joking, keeping us laughing, and performing daring tricks when they jumped.

I would highly recommend this to anyone heading to Roatan especially in lieu of the Carnival sponsored excursion. The usual rate was $45/person but the owner gave us a discount to $40 because we had a party of 7. The Carnival excursion cost was twice that per person and I can't imagine it being any better.

1  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed June 25, 2012

If you go, and any trip to Roatan should include it, request for William and Darvin. They had us doing front flips off platforms into the zipline. It was fun from the 16 yr old in our group to the 53 yr old and everyone in between. They were very professional, but we're enough of a tease to make you laugh with them as I'm sure they tell everyone it's their first time trying the ziplines as well. Plus, you get to hold monkeys at the end. No place better!

2  Thank PoePoe19
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is one of the best excursions you will find. We arrived at Jungle Top early in the morning so we were the first people there that day. Our guide was fantastic. He was very informative especially since this was our first time Ziplining. We even got rained on for a few minutes which ended up enhancing our experience. The view was incredible. I spoke with several other passengers on our cruise that went on other zip line tours and after hearing what they said I can confidently say that our day at Jungle Top was top notch. There were numerous runs of different lengths so you really got great value for your money. I would definitely visit Jungle Top again! I can't wait.

2  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My friends and I were on the Carnival Legend. We negotiated the price with the taxi driver and he took us to Jungle Top Zipline and then shopping afterwards. The ziplining was fabulous and so much fun! I would have loved to stay there all day. Our guides were very helpful and fun to be around. The best part was the view from the top. This was definitely the highlight of our cruise.