“Great service and food maybe a little over priced.”
Review of Gio's Restaurant

Gio's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 218 Restaurants in Roatan
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened since December 7, 1994, Gio's Restaurant has been serving islanders and tourists with an excellent combination of local seafood and italian cuisine. Gio's Restaurant was awarded the title of one of the Top 30 Touristic Marvels of Honduras for pioneering a dish focused on the Spiny Caribbean King Crab (Mithrax Spinosissimus). The taste and tenderness of the crab is unparalleled and a real treat for Roatan newcomers. Indigenous to the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System, the Spiny King Crab brings a unique taste to Honduran cuisine for all visitors to enjoy. Roatan serves as both the Honduran touristic capital and the hub for seafood exportation. Gio's takes advantage of the ample supply of local seafood to craft their well-known dishes.
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the Eldon's special which came with lobster tails, crab legs, shrimp, baked potatos, and veggies. Everything was good and cooked well, I wasn't crazy about the crab legs. They bring you out a cutting board with a mallet on it to crack open the crab legs. These are the toughest crab legs I've ever dealt with so needless to say I let my husband have them all. We also had the conch salad which was awesome! It happened to be my birthday that night and they all sang happy birthday to me and brought out a piece of cheesecake with a candle in it. All in all it was a great experience, great food, great service, but a little over priced.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

All good -food -ambiance-
Have crab -lobster special-
I rank this spot at the top of my list for seafood-

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had a lobster meal, a king crab meal, and two drinks (wine, beer). I felt like $100 US was a bit steep for the meal, though the food was good quality and service was good. The king crab is quite labour-intensive, and served with a hammer and board. It can be fun, but be prepared!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We ended up at the Gio's in Flowers Bay because of a power outage in the area, as our first choice for the evening had no electricity. At first, we were greeted with candles on the table and the challenge of reading the menus was rewarded when the food arrived and the electricity was restored. The shish kabob was amazing. The vegetables were perfectly done, and the meat was sooo tender. The coconut shrimp was very tasty. Huge shrimp, with plenty of them. Not to be missed is the garlic bread, which is one of the best examples on the island. The Gio's at Flowers Bay is a great and convenient addition to the west end of Roatan. Don't miss it!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Out of all the restaurants that I dined at on Roatan, this was by far my favorite...

From the time we walked in for a late dinner of grilled lobster and pasta, we were treated very nicely by the staff. The lobster tail was fresh and cooked the way I like it. This is the only restaurant that didn't feel so touristy and yet didn't skimp on service.

I fell in love with the atmosphere from the moment we set foot in it - the wood floors and high ceilings - it felt like I was entering someone's beautiful island home!