“Great staff Great diving” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Subway Watersports

Subway Watersports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are PADI 5 Star Dive Center and Green Star Award Winner located on the north side of Roatan, Honduras, at Turquoise Bay Resort catering to multiple hotels, vacation rental homes and cruise ship visitors. We offer scuba diving and lessons, snorkeling, kayaking and other water sports as weekly packages or day excursions. Enjoy diving or snorkeling on our private dive sites. Only a short boat ride away you find amazing dive/snorkel sites with drop offs, canyons, swim throughs and the Caribbean's biggest variety of coral and sponges. PADI Divemasters guide all dives. Enjoy valet diving and the best personal attention and customer service you deserve!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Onanole, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great staff Great diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a two week trip diving in roatan with almost all the dives from Subway. The staff and diving were great! Holly was great in getting us set up with dives and was very understanding when we had to cancel on short notice due to sickness of a couple of our four sum . All the dives had nice corral and tons of fish,lobster,huge eels and a few large spoted rays.
The whole group took the enriched air course money well spent.
The crew at subway do all the setup for each dive so all you have to worry about is the fun of diving warm clear water.
We enjoyed Roatan and Subway so much in the two weeks we were there that we have already book all of next March and are counting the days.

P.S. Roger we still need to see a sea horse!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dean L
Subway_Watersports, Manager at Subway Watersports, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review Dean! We loved having your group here and are super excited to hear you'll be back again next year. I will let Roger know he has a almost a year to prepare for your return...and maybe I'll tag along for the dives next time to be sure we find you a sea horse or two in 2015!

Easthampton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Diving on Roatans North Shore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

As folks who have been to this shop for many reasons, whether it was my husband here to get his Divemaster 3 years ago, his Instructors Cert, or for just casual diving and day trips to the Pigeon Key, it is a Top Notch operation, with Valet diving at it's best. The staff go above and beyond to make you happy, Divemasters Osman, Selvin, Nelson are first rate, The Boat captains Dimas, Bruce are so helpful and friendly. The office staff Holly and Verlynn, will take great care of of all your needs. And Stacy will capture all of your underwater moments in great pictures and videos. I cannot say enough good things about this shop, and I continue to recommend it to friends visiting us. And now that we live here, it is our dive shop of choice on this end of the island. :)

Visited February 2014
2 Thank HandRIslandAdventure
Thanks so much for writing us a review Heather! We love having you and Ron whenever you drop in and the Pigeon Cay picture is fantastic. Hope to see you back here again soon!
Marietta, Georgia
“Divemaster Internship”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I just recently returned from completing my divemaster internship with Subway. I had the most unbelievable time there. The staff was so welcoming and amazing. They really made me feel like I was part of the Subway family right after I first arrived. I completed my divemaster with them an even went on to complete my Instructor certification as well. For me, I had a unique situation because I had to complete an internship for university and Mark helped me create an opportunity to fulfill those requirements while also getting my certifications. I spent 2 months with them and loved every minute of it. Everyone from Holly, the shop manager, the divemasters and captains, to Eri and Kayla, and to Victor the mechanic were all so wonderful to be around. I learned a lot while I was there and I left Roatan with lifelong memories and friends that I will never forget! Thanks Subway!!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Cmorgan23
Thanks for the review Chase! It was a pleasure having you and I'm glad you and your fellow interns made so many wonderful memories and lasting friendships during your internship. We all miss you here at the shop but wish you all the best in your future endeavors, diving and otherwise. Hugs from Roatan!
Wil, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Diving in Roatan at Subway Watersports”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

It was for me one of the best diving holiday I had until now! Super dive center, super Divemaster! very beautiful corals and fishes as well as many moray eels, stingrays and Eaglerays! I would go back at Subway Dive!!

Visited December 2013
Thanks for your fantastic review. We're also hoping you'll be back and Subway very soon. We aim to please and are happy we made your dive vacation a memorable one!
Lee's Summit, Missouri
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“INCREDIBLE PEOPLE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I can't say enough about the people at this shop, they are incredible. They are kind, caring, fun, and oh so helpful. Eri and Kayla, certified instructors, sometime dive masters, and all around fantastic people made diving a blast.
Holly, the shop manager does a fantastic job of managing everything. There were never more than 10 divers on our boat. The divers on our boat were very well matched in relationship to air usage, so no one spent a large amount of time waiting on the boat. Subway is located on the N. side of the island. One of the days we were there it was too rough to dive on the N side. Rather than just say no diving, Holly made arrangements for everyone to dive on the S. side. It was no small fete, but was accomplished with no problems for the divers.
I am not especially strong. in addition, I am incredibly buoyant, so I have to use a ton of weight. The boat captain (usually Demys) and the dive master (usually Eri or Kayla) helped me up so I could get off the boat. I took my gear off in the water and handed it up (the dive master handed it up) and then climbed the ladder.
If you are thinking about becoming certified or want to upgrade your certification I would highly recommend doing it at Subway. Eri was our instructor for our upgrades. She made sure we understood everything and refused to let us slide on anything. She really knew her stuff. In addition, compared to other places, the education was cheaper.
If you dive with Subway, please remember to tip. This is a service industry and the people helping you, dive master, instructor, and boat captain depend on tips to make a decent living. We tipped the boat captain between 10.00 ad 15.00 per day. We hired a private dive master just to take care of my husband and I. We tipped about 30.00 per day. This might have been a little high, but Eri and Kayla, who were usually our dive masters made it such a wonderful experience.
Now for the bad stuff. None of this relates to Subway, because they were fantastic. I don't believe there could be a better group to dive with. I was not impressed with the diving at Roatan. The visibility wasn't great. There was not a large amount of life. The coolest part of diving was the swim throughs. In addition, Roatan has a 19% tax on everything. So diving and lodging that appear to be pretty cheap become pretty expensive when you add in 19% tax.

Visited March 2014
Thanks for your review Nancy and Steve! We loved having you both here and I know Eri and Kayla are missing you both terribly. We appreciate the feedback of the shop operations and staff and I will pass along your kind words to all mentioned. We're sorry to hear the diving wasn't what you expected. The weather wasn't great during your stay and unfortunately the visibility was at a very low point. However, I'm glad you enjoyed the topography of our reef over here on the north side, as we do feel we have some of the best sites on the island! Happy diving guys and hopefully it won't be too long before we see you down here again!