“Subway is top notch!”
Review of Subway Watersports

Subway Watersports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are PADI 5 Star Dive Center and Green Star Award Winner located on the north side of Roatan, Honduras, at Turquoise Bay Resort catering to multiple hotels, vacation rental homes and cruise ship visitors. We offer scuba diving and lessons, snorkeling, kayaking and other water sports as weekly packages or day excursions. Enjoy diving or snorkeling on our private dive sites. Only a short boat ride away you find amazing dive/snorkel sites with drop offs, canyons, swim throughs and the Caribbean's biggest variety of coral and sponges. PADI Divemasters guide all dives. Enjoy valet diving and the best personal attention and customer service you deserve!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We booked a two tank dive with Subway Watersports several weeks before our cruise on the Carnival Liberty. After researching local dive ops, we selected Subway due to price, nitrox availability, and provided transportation.

Booking was easy, and communications with Subway staff was fast and efficient. They answered e-mails promptly and were helpful with requested information.

Upon arrival at Mahogany Bay in Roatan, we had a short walk down the hill from the cruise terminal and were met by one of the Subway staff. She was initially surprised to see us, as apparently we weren't on her pickup list. I showed her our confirmation e-mail, and she assured us that there was no problem with our reservation. We also met two other divers from the Liberty. After a short wait for another diver (who ultimately never showed), we were driven about 20 minutes to the dive shop.

Once at the dive shop, we were introduced to our divemaster Selvin and boat captain Bruce. We analyzed our nitrox tanks and soon were underway aboard the Lady Rose.

Our dive sites selected for the day were "Turquoise Shannon" and "Sponge Wall." Our surface interval was spent back at the dive shop, where we could purchase drinks or snacks. Of the two sites, I think "Sponge Wall" was by far the best. Not only was "Sponge Wall" the best of our Roatan dives, but the best out of all of our dives on our cruise.

Subway staff was very cognizant of our time, and ensured that we got back to the cruise terminal on time. Even given this, though, we still "dove our tanks" and we not limited by any pre-determined time schedule.

We will definitely use Subway Watersports the next time we are in Roatan.

1  Thank Patrick N
Subway_Watersports, Manager at Subway Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thanks for the review Patrick! We're happy to hear your best cruise ship dive experience was with us here at Subway. We aim to please and always appreciate hearing the positive feedback. Hope to see you back in Roatan sooner rather than later!

All reviews
in 21 reviews
"rinse tanks"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My daughter and I dove with Subway only one day on a recent diving trip to Roatan. While most of our diving was in West End, we had rented a car and found Subway while out exploring the island one day and were so impressed with the location and facility we booked a 2 tank dive for the following day.

The location is wonderful - located ½ way along the island on the North shore, it is well removed from other dive operators so, unlike West End diving, we were the only boat in the area and so didn't need to worry about running into other groups under water - which is something we experienced on every dive from West End (not that that was a problem, it was just nice to be diving out of the crowd).

The shore staff were great, the dock, rental gear and facilities excellent. The dive master & DMT's were friendly and professional. As a diver for many years (I certified long before most dive masters I've met in the past few years were born), one thing I really appreciated was that we were able to dive under our own direction. Prior to the dive, the dive master gave us a good briefing and outlined where we would dive, but once in the water let us work our own way along the wall at our own pace with the master and DMT's remaining in contact, but not actively leading. The only stipulations were that we turn once our air reached a certain point and didn't exceed our maximum bottom time. Any divers who used their air faster, were accompanied to the boat allowing the rest to continue to dive at their own pace.

The dive boat was well equipped and set up with capability for 2 simultaneous re-entries and the crew helpful and friendly.

A good day with great diving. On another trip I'd think very hard about basing in Turquoise Bay for the duration.

2  Thank Scott R

Thank you very much for your time and effort in writing this very thoughtful review. We're so happy you enjoyed your visit with us and hope very much to see you back here soon!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Subways. Everybody was very kind and helpful. Even though the weather was awful during our course, we had a lot of fun and diving is still wonderful, also with rain and wind!

2  Thank Andy B
Subway_Watersports, Manager at Subway Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Hi Andy!

So happy to hear you guys enjoyed yourselves despite the run of bad weather we were having. I hope you are enjoying the rest of your travels and the rain has stopped following you at this point.

All the best and we hope to see you back here at Subway for your Advanced Open Water courses soon.

Happy travels!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was a very good dive experience. Nelson was our dive master and was absolutely amazing. His attention to detail and our enjoyment was spot on. We saw some great sites and felt very comfortable with his leadership. Subway would be a great choice for the beginner to the expert. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank PinkDragonPrincess