“Open Water Diver”
Review of Subway Watersports

Subway Watersports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are PADI 5 Star Dive Center and Green Star Award Winner located on the north side of Roatan, Honduras, at Turquoise Bay Resort catering to multiple hotels, vacation rental homes and cruise ship visitors. We offer scuba diving and lessons, snorkeling, kayaking and other water sports as weekly packages or day excursions. Enjoy diving or snorkeling on our private dive sites. Only a short boat ride away you find amazing dive/snorkel sites with drop offs, canyons, swim throughs and the Caribbean's biggest variety of coral and sponges. PADI Divemasters guide all dives. Enjoy valet diving and the best personal attention and customer service you deserve!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Subways. Everybody was very kind and helpful. Even though the weather was awful during our course, we had a lot of fun and diving is still wonderful, also with rain and wind!

2  Thank Andy B
Subway_Watersports, Manager at Subway Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Hi Andy!

So happy to hear you guys enjoyed yourselves despite the run of bad weather we were having. I hope you are enjoying the rest of your travels and the rain has stopped following you at this point.

All the best and we hope to see you back here at Subway for your Advanced Open Water courses soon.

Happy travels!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was a very good dive experience. Nelson was our dive master and was absolutely amazing. His attention to detail and our enjoyment was spot on. We saw some great sites and felt very comfortable with his leadership. Subway would be a great choice for the beginner to the expert. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank PinkDragonPrincess
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have never reviewed anything in my life, but after my excursion with subway watersports I had to write this. My family was picked up outside the cruise terminal by Holly, a certified dive master and incredibly sweet person. An air conditioned van ride later we arrived at an awesome dive shop and great resort. My son and wife did a skills course and one tank dive, while I did a two tank dive. Only one other cruiser from the carnival liberty was on my drive boat. Amazing dive, great guide, and the one on one time to see the coral and fish made this dive trip the best of my over 10 years of diving.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

One of the best experiences of my life. The other interns became family, as well as our instructors, Mark and Becky. I was able to take my wife and newborn and experience it all as a family, and my wife got to experience her first dive. From the diveshop staff, to the resort staff, to the interns, everyone is great and professional and know exactly what they're doing. I left after one month with my divemaster cert. and feeling accomplished, but a little sad to leave. A lot of memories were made there. Beautiful island, amazing people, great friends, lots of things to do on days off, and I'll never forget any of it. I plan on returning many times in the future and having my son grow up making memories where he was on his very first trip as a newborn. All future interns, take it all in, because you will for sure miss it. People going on vacation or to dive, THIS is the place to go. I've been to many places and none compare. Subway Watersports is by far the best diveshop on the island. I can't wait to go back. Hopefully our instructors, Mark Parham and Becky Wilcock are there throughout the years we return.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you can visit just one more dive location...it must be Subway Watersports and the Turquoise Bay Resort.
We visited this month as a day stop for our cruise ship. We booked the day with Subway via the USAA travel services. Our travel specialist said, she had never had anyone make a bad comment about Subway, and I can see why.

First, Rebecca met us at the cruise terminal. And, we (six of us) were delayed getting off the ship (weather) but she waited two hours for us. We had a relaxing ride to Milton Bright from the terminal and Rebecca gave us a chance to tour this great island.

Second, when we arrived at Turquoise Bay we were encouraged to relax and plan our day. We planned a two stop snorkel outing to reef spots. Two of our group asked if it would be possible to scuba rather than snorkel. Rebecca did not miss a beat and arranged for a dive master to accompany us for the day. In addition she arranged for a guide for snorkeling and our captain.

Third, the reef is spectacular! I am not sure what else to say. By far and away the best dive trip I have ever experienced in over 20 years of diving.

Fourth, the shop is located adjacent to the Turquoise Bay Resort. A spectacular hotel and cafe with on of the best views of the island. Price is reasonable, food was excellent local fair.