“First Time Scuba Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Subway Watersports

Subway Watersports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are PADI 5 Star Dive Center and Green Star Award Winner located on the north side of Roatan, Honduras, at Turquoise Bay Resort catering to multiple hotels, vacation rental homes and cruise ship visitors. We offer scuba diving and lessons, snorkeling, kayaking and other water sports as weekly packages or day excursions. Enjoy diving or snorkeling on our private dive sites. Only a short boat ride away you find amazing dive/snorkel sites with drop offs, canyons, swim throughs and the Caribbean's biggest variety of coral and sponges. PADI Divemasters guide all dives. Enjoy valet diving and the best personal attention and customer service you deserve!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First Time Scuba Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just received my open water certification in the Chicago area and made a trip to Roatan Honduras with my wife and a friend for diving. My friend has used Subway Watersports the previous year and wanted to return back because they were knowledgeable, professional, friendly and very accommodating. I found this to be very true. We did nine dives, two each day. My wife does not dive but snorkels and they were able to have a person accompany her in the water. The last dive was a shark dive, Subway does not do shark diving but they made all the arrangements with a dive shop that Shark Diving. If you have not done Shark diving, go for it, it is safe, don't let people scare you.

Visited June 2013

Dallas, Texas, United States
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great staff, great equipment, uncrowded reefs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Subway is located on the north side of the island. The north side is much less crowded than the west and south side, resulting in a beautiful, uncrowded, healthy reef.

Staff was helpful, professional, and knowledgable. I will certainly return the next time I visit Roatan!!

Kingston, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Scuba diving April 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went to Roatan this spring just to relax and have a holiday. I stayed at Turquoise Bay and after talking to the dive masters and instructors at Subway Watersports, I decided to try a dive. The staff were all very knowledgeable and professional and the whole experience very exciting. The instructions were great and my dive on the reef was wonderful. I highly recommend Subway Watersports and scuba diving in general. The reef in Roatan makes he whole experience very special.

Kingston, Canada
“First time Scuba diving- April 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

At 64 I did not plan to go Scuba diving when I went to Roatan this April, I just wanted to chill. But with everyone talking about the reef and the sea life I was intrigued and decided to try a dive. I found the staff at Subway really kind, patient and encouraging teachers. I really enjoyed my experience and highly recommend Subway. I found they go out of their way to make the diving experience what you want and they try to accommodate what you want. Other experienced divers at the resort also expressed positive comments about Subway.
Cheryl, Canada

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Diving with Subway, Roatan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

An amazing holiday! We stayed at Torquoise Bay Resort, and had all of our needs very well attended too. Staff were friendly and just couldn't do enough for us. We had gone for a family holiday, and had not planned on diving. However, as we spoke to other resort guests who were diving, and watched their excitement, we decided to try it. I had tried diving twice before, but never had the comfort level, nor success that I did with Subway! Three of us decided to do the Discover Scuba Diving course, and had three excellent staff working with us. They were complete in their instruction, experienced with their knowledge, and so patient with our hesitations and falters while still in the pool. Once out in open water, over the coral reef, this instruction, encouragement and guidance continued. Our instructors had a great sense of humour and made the whole experience a lot of fun. We had an amazing experience, and I can hardly wait to get back to do PADI certification! Hats off to Subway Watersports, Roatan, for giving me that positive experience and the desire to certify myself. And, all three of us were over 60 years of age! Thank you Mark, Jenn and Holly.
I highly recommend Subway Watersports for your next dive experience, and why not stay right there, at Torquoise Bay Resort.

1 Thank NewDiver042013