“Scuba/Snorkel Cruise Excursion with Subway Watersports”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Subway Watersports

Subway Watersports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are PADI 5 Star Dive Center and Green Star Award Winner located on the north side of Roatan, Honduras, at Turquoise Bay Resort catering to multiple hotels, vacation rental homes and cruise ship visitors. We offer scuba diving and lessons, snorkeling, kayaking and other water sports as weekly packages or day excursions. Enjoy diving or snorkeling on our private dive sites. Only a short boat ride away you find amazing dive/snorkel sites with drop offs, canyons, swim throughs and the Caribbean's biggest variety of coral and sponges. PADI Divemasters guide all dives. Enjoy valet diving and the best personal attention and customer service you deserve!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking
Cedar Hills, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Scuba/Snorkel Cruise Excursion with Subway Watersports”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

The crew picked us up right on time at the Mahogany Bay Port. Only problem was we had to carry our gear out of the port area and up a hill. The drive was about 15 minutes to get to Turquoise Bay Resort where the dive shop is located. Myself and my wife did a 2 tank dive and our 17 year old daughter went snorkling. The 2 dives were fantastic. Lots of healthy coral and fish. Saw the largest barracuda I have ever seen. There were only the 2 of us on the dive with a divemaster and 2 divemaster interns. They were very professional, thorough, and safety conscious. They stayed closed to us and pointed out some really cool things. Both dives took about 50 minutes each. Our daughter said the snorkle trip was great and they took care of her and made sure she was safe. I can't recommend Subway Watersports enough. They are great and we hope to visit them again soon. Thanks to Kimberlie and all the crew for making this such a memorable trip for our family. I even left my dive book at the dive shop with all my money, credits cards, and passport in it. Kimberlie was able to send it back on a cab and I got it back at the port with about a minute to spare before the ship was to leave. She saved my vacation. Alan

Visited October 2012
5 Thank Alan T

Alexandria, Kentucky
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“best trip ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The crew took us out to two different sites, each time for about an hour. Our guide pointed out fish and different types of coral along the way. They were all experienced divers and very knowledgeable about the area, even though they were not native to the country. The reef and fish were beautiful, and the water was as warm as bath water! An unforgetable trip.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank sksnadine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best dive center in Roatan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed 2 month with Subway Watersports at Turquoise Bay Resort and Palmetto Bay Plantation. I had such a good time there! The staff is super friendly and reads every wish of your eyes - therefore the service is just perfect! The dive spots are amazing (if you know the red sea - yeah it's very similar, may not all that colors but one of the best places to dive in the caribbean sea with tons of creatures to see!) and you won't leave at the end of your vacation! I can highly recommend you both dive centers!

Visited May 2012
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Subway Divers at Turquoise bay Resort, Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had the pleasure of diving with Subway Divers at Turquoise Bay Resort and really enjoyed about every minute of it. Kimberly and the staff there, Eddie, Darren, John, JT, all of them made the experience wonderful. They know the dive sites very well and really aloowed us to dive our profiles and Darren was always aware of our divers and their air supply. The dive sites were incredible and the vis was spectacular on every dive except at Dolphin Dance where it was a little mucked up but still an incre3dible dive.
There were some issues with the boats but I witnessed the staff doing everything they could to make the experience even better and by the end I feel they accomplished that. I would recommend this dive company to anyone, they are safe, courtious, and really made a great week even better. This is a company that really cares about their clients. Subway is the best and as a travel agent i cannot wait to spread the word. And about the amount of fish in Roatan, you can tell that their conservation plans are working, I saw more fish there this time and I have tons of pics showing large schools of beautiful tropical fish. I was very happy wiht the wildlife and it makes me feel good to know that Roatan is working so hard.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Warren S
palm beach florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Ocean Quest Scuba Visit 9/15/2012”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I took a group of 38 divers to Turquoise Bay Resort for a week of diving with Subway Watersports. I take some of my family, closest friends and best clients with me on these trips, so it is very important to me that everything runs smoothly. They did a great job providing us with the type of diving we wanted, and put extra effort into getting all the nitrox tanks for us they possibly could. We utilized four of thier boats, and each boat provided us with a Captain and a Divemaster. We also had a couple DM in training, with us on some days, which was fine. We did a full hour dive on each of our dives, something I am not sure they are used too, but even our 10 year old on a 63 was doing hour dives. We made it for a easy week for them because it is our policy that each diver tends to thier own gear. The guys struggled a bit with our insistance to "help" but we all got along just fine. Overall the complete dive staff I would give a excellent rating, and we enjoyed diving with them very much.

The dive sites are beautiful as far as the reef structure it'self. However, the lack of true marine life was a bit of a let down. The fish population is very poor and you won't see huge schools of fish, or anything big to speak of really. We did see a few Spotted Eagle Rays, a hand full of Nurse Sharks, and a few large eels. The wreck dive has some large black groupers that are very friendly because they are used to being feed. We did enjoy our dives very much, but we are used to diving in West Palm Beach where is a school of fish is 600 not 6. The cave like structures, Dolphin Den, and wall diving though is very pretty, and we enjoyed wandering around in them taking pictures of each other. If you go you'll want to make sure to dive "Rockstar" that seemed to be the sight with the most fish.

I would only like to say that the boats could use a little TLC, the Kassandra seemed to be the best kept boat. The Lady Maggie has some serious smoke issues that lead to some having headache issues on trips, and the deck looks like it hasn't had a fresh coat of paint in several years. The Lady Rose suited our divers, we had eight on it and they enjoyed the crew. The smaller boat the Moya was nice, but it should onlly be used for divers that are comfortable with back roll, and not much room to move around on. Our divers had no problem with this, but with 38 divers, it was me that made the boat assignments. All of these things are just little suggestions for the owner of the company. The staff were awesome.

I would recommend this dive operation to anyone diving that area. They were friendly, safe and I would would dive with them again.

Visited September 2012