“Awesome!”

Clip N Zip Canopy Tours
Ranked #58 of 180 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the wonders of our beautiful island from new heights with an exhilarating Roatan canopy tour through tropical foliage. As the newest and safest Roatan zip line excursion on the island, our tours feature diverse vegetation, unique tropical wildlife, and stunning Caribbean ocean views. An adrenaline-laced Roatan shore excursion for young and old alike, Clip 'N Zip Canopy Tours is located within a nature preserve, only 50 feet from the new Mahogany Bay cruise port.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chino Hills, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

What a wonderful experience! We booked this excursion through our cruise, and was thrilled with the experience. I'm late 30's and went with my two sons, 8 and 11 years old. We had a blast! Over 13 platforms, and the adventure lasted approximately 1 hour. It was practically a private adventure with only 2 other couples, along with 4 guides. Marlon, Ramon, Victor, and Bruice were patient and were very concerned with being safe, and always explained things clearly. Would HIGHLY recommend this excursion!! Kudos to our guides for an awesome adventure!! Thank you!!! Chino Hills, CA!!

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Kelly M

Plant City, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun zip line, but charged more than website stated”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

First off I would like to state that the actual zip line excursion was a lot of fun. The workers on the tree stands worked very hard and were very courteous.

My review of average lies in the tactics used to charge us more than we should have been. Two months prior to our cruise I was online trying to decide on a zip line for me, my brother in law and nephew to go on. We decided on Clip N Zip, due to ratings and proximity to cruise terminal. I went to their website and requested a reservation. A month later, I realized that they had never responded, so I requested another reservation, stating I had already sent an email. Two more times I sent emails, no responses to any of my requests.

I sent one last email about a week before our cruise, printed the email and their website with the pricing listed on it. Pricing listed was $40 if coming from a cruise in the Mahogany Bay cruise terminal, which we were.

We get to Clip N Zip, explain what happened with the emailing and no responses. The lady working the check in didn't care that I had a copy of my email and their pricing. Then proceeded to charge us $20 more per person than the website showed. I wasn't about ready to say forget it to my nephew that was really excited about doing this for the first time. So we paid the $60/person and didn't let it ruin our day.

Again, the actual process was well run, very easy to get to from Mahogany Bay and a lot of fun. Just made me look like a fool to my brother in law, when I told him I made us reservations at a lower price. Side note, this was not an isolated situation. The people checking in right before us had the exact same scenario happen to them.

Visited July 2012
6 Thank PlantCityFL
Springfield, Tennessee
552 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 673 helpful votes
“For carnival cruise ships, this is the zipline to do”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have done many ziplines and this course with 11 ziplines is one of the best. It is perfect for families with children of all ages. It is at Mahogany Bay cruise terminal, literally a 5 minute walk from where all the carnival ships dock. If you are cruising on other cruise lines it is a brief ride from Roatan's other cruise terminal. Like all ziplines, it does require climbing a lot of steps and being in reasonably good shape. The weight limit is 250 pounds but I did not see them turn away younger children as many ziplines do. I would say any 4 or over that are not afraid of heights and zipping through tree tops woulld probably do fine. Usually it was the adults that turn and ran. Seriously, there were people of all shapes and sizes and all ages. The only caution I would give you is that most zipline have a stool you can stand on to clip and unclip from the zipline. This one does not. So you have to be able to pull yourself up high enough for the employees to connect your harness at each station. The employees help but you still have to lift most of your own weight. In addition, there is only one employee at each station who has to catch the incoming zipliners, unhook them and hook them on the next zipline. As a result, there are frequently delays, especial with the large crowds that exist when two ships dock. It is very hot and muggy in the summer so expect to sweat a lot, but the views are magnificent and the ride is thrilling. Note for cruise ship passengers, I have cruised a lot and almost always book shore excursions with the cruise line. This is the vendor that Carnival uses, but I booked this one directly with Clip N Zip because of it's proximity to the cruise terminal, the exceptional long time Carnival spends at this port and the simple fact that the price is $19 per person cheaper if you book it online. Also you are not restricted to a specfic time and a large group. You can walk across at your convenience, pay at the window when you get there and be zipping in 15 minutes, but do make a reservation online before you go or they will not give you the discount.

Visited June 2012
8 Thank Tennessee50plus
Coral Springs, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best adventure by far”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Before going on the Carnival Glory in April 2012, we did some research. Trying to make it fun for ourselves as well as the kids. I came upon the Clip "N" Zip review from another family, so looked into in more. This is not an excursion the cruise ship offered, so we were taking a gamble doing it on our own. It was well worth it!!! Upon arriving to Roaton, we departed the ship and started on our journey. No joke the walk was 5 minutes from where we docked. No cost for transportation and/or extra costs. We walked right up and they started us on our way. Very inexpensive at $40.00 per person. If you do a combo excursion, there are ATV's right next door. You can do both for $80.00 per person. Each tour was about an hour and a half. The gentlemen that led us through were great. Have to give props to Bictor and Chino at Clip "N" Zip. There was 11 runs ranging from 50 feet to 900 feet. Awesome time...one of our favorite by far for us and the kids. Their website is www.clipnziproatan.com

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Cindy G
Miami, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great Experience for First-Time Zip Liners”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Our party of six, ages 20 - 55, was looking forward to our first ever zip lining experience. We did a lot of online research before selecting Clip N Zip. I highly recommend visiting the company website, as it has great videos and information to help you understand what you are signing up for before you get there.

We arrived in Roatan by Carnival Cruise on Wednesday, 05/23/12. The ship docks within walking distance of the entrance to Clip N Zip. It's less than a 10-minute walk from the dock. We made an online reservation about three weeks ahead of our arrival, but it was not very crowded when we got there. Upon arrival we checked in and paid for our tour in US$ with no problems. We were immediately set up with two guides, Ramon and Burt, who got us securely harnessed with all of our safety gear very quickly and efficiently. After a quick trip up the hillside on the back of a pick up truck, we made the short hike to the first tree-stand.

The guides were very friendly, reassuring and informative during the entire tour. Since this was our first time zip lining, there was a little apprehension and nervousness among our group, but Ramon & Burt did a great job of making sure that we felt safe and comfortable during the whole process. We did a total of about 9 zips.

A photographer takes photos of the participants, which can be purchased at the end of the tour. The CD of photos was reasonable priced and the photos were really great. Make sure to budget some extra cash if you want to take advantage of the photos - highly recommended. Also, make sure to carry some extra cash to tip the guides. I can't emphasize enough what a great experience we had thanks to our guides - we were very happy to tip them for the great job!

Clip N Zip was a great experience and a great value. We will certainly go back next time we are in Roatan, and I would recommend them to everyone I know.

Visited May 2012