“Great Experience for First-Time Zip Liners”

Clip N Zip Canopy Tours
Ranked #60 of 184 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the wonders of our beautiful island from new heights with an exhilarating Roatan canopy tour through tropical foliage. As the newest and safest Roatan zip line excursion on the island, our tours feature diverse vegetation, unique tropical wildlife, and stunning Caribbean ocean views. An adrenaline-laced Roatan shore excursion for young and old alike, Clip 'N Zip Canopy Tours is located within a nature preserve, only 50 feet from the new Mahogany Bay cruise port.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Miami, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great Experience for First-Time Zip Liners”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Our party of six, ages 20 - 55, was looking forward to our first ever zip lining experience. We did a lot of online research before selecting Clip N Zip. I highly recommend visiting the company website, as it has great videos and information to help you understand what you are signing up for before you get there.

We arrived in Roatan by Carnival Cruise on Wednesday, 05/23/12. The ship docks within walking distance of the entrance to Clip N Zip. It's less than a 10-minute walk from the dock. We made an online reservation about three weeks ahead of our arrival, but it was not very crowded when we got there. Upon arrival we checked in and paid for our tour in US$ with no problems. We were immediately set up with two guides, Ramon and Burt, who got us securely harnessed with all of our safety gear very quickly and efficiently. After a quick trip up the hillside on the back of a pick up truck, we made the short hike to the first tree-stand.

The guides were very friendly, reassuring and informative during the entire tour. Since this was our first time zip lining, there was a little apprehension and nervousness among our group, but Ramon & Burt did a great job of making sure that we felt safe and comfortable during the whole process. We did a total of about 9 zips.

A photographer takes photos of the participants, which can be purchased at the end of the tour. The CD of photos was reasonable priced and the photos were really great. Make sure to budget some extra cash if you want to take advantage of the photos - highly recommended. Also, make sure to carry some extra cash to tip the guides. I can't emphasize enough what a great experience we had thanks to our guides - we were very happy to tip them for the great job!

Clip N Zip was a great experience and a great value. We will certainly go back next time we are in Roatan, and I would recommend them to everyone I know.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great course for zipping along!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

First off, I did make reservations online before our cruise and was given the price of $40 per person...that included the $5 cruise discount but was also told that if we had not made reservations they would be unable to honor that price since they are now somehow associated with Carnival. We had a great experience the whole time. Check in was easy, they had several guides gear us up and everyone was very friendly. Only ran into one guide that could not speak English and he only walked us up the hill. It really worked well to have 4 guides because that allowed us to keep moving instead of waiting for each person to cross and then waiting again. I did not pay attention to the clips used but felt safe. This was my third time zip lining and this is a good course with a variety of zips. Great views included. Easy to reach, just walk across the port area...plenty of time to shop or go to beach afterwards.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Anne W
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“First time zip-lining was amazing!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Booked with clip 'n' zip prior to my cruise on Carnival Liberty, not sure what to expect. Upon arriving it was very easy to get to, and the staff was friendly, reassuring, and experienced. They did a great job instructing me on what to do and what not to do, and made the experience one that I will remember for a lifetime. Our instructors were Bruce and Mike, and they were incredible! I would recommend clip 'n' zip for the experienced or inexperienced zip-liner.

Atlanta
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Need to update their prices online”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

After doing exhaustive research for our family cruise trip, I had settled on Clip N Zip and then hanging out at Carnival's Mohagony Bay facilities. The price reflected on the the Clip N Zip website ( http://www.clipnziproatan.com/en/rates-reservations.html ) shows a rate of $45 ( plus a 5$ discount for MBCC passengers ). I did not make a reservation online. When we arrived and we walked up to the window.... they informed me that the rate was $59 for adults and $49 for kids. Their explanation was that they would honor the online reservations, but now they are affilliated with Carnival and must charge a higher rate ( as if you booked through Carnival ). I was very disappointed that they would not honor the internet rate.... We passed and went to Pirates of the Carribbean instead.

Nashville, Tennessee
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“First time zip-lining was awesome”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Our family of six stopped at Roatan on Carnival Dream and made reservations with Clip N Zip in advance. This was the first time any of us had zipped and the the staff and guides did a great job of making it a fun and memorable experience. Clip N Zip was right across from the cruise port which made it very convenient. We would definitely zip again on return to Roatan.