“Ate once, will be back ..... soon!”
Review of The Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Bistro
Cuisines: Thai
Kentucky
“Ate once, will be back ..... soon!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Francois was a very gracious host. You are also, it seems, in his home. This place was recommended by our private tour guide. Oh, and did he do a good job recommending this place. We were there in Feb. 2011 and just made our reservations for January 2013 and will be eating there again.

Mr. Tour Guide.....thanks for recommending.

Mr. Francois......your fish was prepared excellently. The lofty perch of a back porch, where we ate our lunch, was picturesque. The breeze was comforting. The house/resturant was inviting. The company (Francois and Tour Guide sat with us) was a blessing.

CAN'T WAIT TILL JANUARY 2013!

This time, bringing all the kids, my folks, and my in laws! Wife can come too! LOL!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank LoveHonduras

South & Central America
“Thai and Vietnamese food by a Frenchman in Central America”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Off the beaten path in a very serene setting, this bistro offers up a good menu (including vegetarian) for those seeking something different. I had the Pad Thai with chicken, my wife had spicy curry with chicken; both were excellent. Francios, the owner, was there making sure all was comfortable and that the food was prepared to his liking - and ours. We watched a fisherman off shore setting his fish lines for the night and a cruise ship leaving the harbor on its way to the next destination. The delightful breeze on this side of the island is pretty much constant and welcome. We recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank GrahamBlaikie
Boston, Massachusetts
“Le Bistro is a welcome change”
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Overlooking beautiful blue seas, perched above West End, this is a great place to enjoy a night out. Offering Vietnamese and Thai cuisine, this is a wonderful change of pace when you tire of fish or eggs and beans. It is also a wonderful vegetarian option, and I would guess (though I did not specifically ask) that many of the options are also vegan.

We went on a weeknight and I was surprised there weren't more people in the restaurant. It is closed during the day and a bit hard to find, but definitely worth the effort. I had a tofu and vegetable curry, which was quite good. My husband's pad thai was excellent! The service was great and the restaurant was clean and laid back. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

1 Thank Copanthecat