“One of the best tours we've ever been on”

South Shore Zipline
Roatan Shore Excursion: Zip 'n' Dip Canopy Tour
Ranked #13 of 178 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer 11 zip-lines and 13 platforms through the jungle. This is a tour design for adventure seekers of all ages with great views and long zips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“One of the best tours we've ever been on”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

My husband, myself, and our three teens just returned from a 7 day curise on the Carnival Valor. My husband and I have been on several caribbean curises - this was the first one for our teenagers (18, 16, 14). The ship did not offer any tours that we were interested in so I researched trip advisor for ideas. I was a bit nervous as the Department of State had warnings about Americans traveling in Honduras. The reviews on cruise critic and trip advisor said not to be afraid and THEY WERE RIGHT. We had a wonderful time and not once did I feel uncomfortable. I wanted to book the tree top canopy adventure but had a few questions before I booked. South Shore e-mailed me back promptly and were very helpful. Once we arrived we followed the directions on the booking voucher. They were clear and easy to follow. In no time at all we were in the hands of Alvin our tour guide. He was very friendly and went out of his way to make sure we got to know his island and had a good sense of the culture. We even stopped for a few photo op's. Upon arrival to the ZIP LINE - Alvin told us we could leave all our bags in his car and he would be waiting for us to finish the ZIP LINE. He took us over and picked out Edward (aka Pancho) and Alexis to be our guides. I told Alexis I was afraid of heights and I was only there because my kids wanted to do it. Alexis told me he would make sure I had fun and he kept his promise. I had a BLAST! I recommend it even if you are afraid. This is a very safe set up and the guides are knowledgeable and really do know how to make sure you have a great time. The zips were long and high. The veiw was amazing. Alexis hooked his line to mine a couple times and helped me through the tall, fast zips. It was great! he even helped my daring kids do some tricks on the line! They loved it and we got some good photos. After we were done with the zip tour Alvin was waiting for us by his minivan. We jumped in and headed for the beach. Alvin talked to my daughter in Spanish and said she was pretty good. Then he started talking about the food and mentioned there was a local dish of stewed Iguana. He dropped us off at beach resort and then came back for us 2 hours later. We had a great time swimming in the crystal clear water. When he picked us back up he asked how our lunch was and I told him that we had swam so long we lost track of the time and didn't eat. Well he wasn't going to let us leave hungry so he found us a cute little roadside resturant where they actually served us Iguana! It does not taste like chicken! We had an extremely good time with Alvin and recommend this to anyone looking for adventure, scenery, and a glimpse of the culture on Isla Roatan. I would give it 6 stars if I could!

1 Thank MichiganMom3

Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome Zip Lining”
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Recently we went on a cruise and Roatan was one of our stops. We knew we wanted to go zip lining as we had done it before and saw on Tripadvisor it was a great place for it.
We chose South Shore canopy tours as we knew we wanted many and long zips.

We were not disappointed! We arrived at the dock, found the south shore adventures booth and asked for Theris Dixon (she was awesome!) She put us in a cab and off we went!
10-15 min drive and we were at the start of the zips! it was awesome! the location and views were incredible and our small group made it go fast (not alot of time waiting at each zip). We felt safe the whole time and found out that they are adding more zips! So if we return to Roatan we will return to South Shore Canopy Tours!!!

1 Thank Jewelfine
austin, texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2010

There are several canopy tours on the island but we were referred to south shore canapy tour and told it was the best. This so far exceeded our expectations! We brought 16 people to this tour ranging in age from 5 to 44. We all loved it! The view were amazing, the quality of the runs were great and there were many lines to clip into. There are even ocean views on several runs but just the jungle view were amazing. I can't stay enough about the staff. We always felt secure, from our nervous 5 year old to our nervous 35 year old to our high adventurers. Ernie especially made us feel very safe and secure while enjoying the views. We entrusted him to carry our 5 year old daughter on the lines. The other 4 staff were amazing too! They took all our cameras at the beginning of the tour and got amazing photos for us...they even transfered one of our cameras to video mode and got video clips of all of us. Thanks so much it was the highlight of our trip!

2 Thank amylovestotravel
Albuquerque, NM
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great excursion for cruisers”
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I stayed at Roatan for 3 weeks & this is the best 1-day activity (besides scuba diving). The canopy tour was fun & I also enjoyed playing with the monkeys & birds. The SNUBA instructor is wonderful!

Minneapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of our Cruise”
Reviewed February 11, 2010

A group of 10 of us did the Zip Lining at South Shore Canopy Tours and it was amazing! This was the most fun I had while on our cruise. We have 4 wonderful guides that took us on the tour. They made us feel very safe and comfortable. They took our cameras with them down the zip lines and took pictures of all of us. The guides would go upside down and even let some members of our group try it too. I would go back again and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for something fun to do in Roatan!

1 Thank ally916