“A great excursion for cruisers”

South Shore Zipline
Roatan Shore Excursion: Hanging Bridges Eco Tour and Beach Break
Ranked #12 of 183 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer 11 zip-lines and 13 platforms through the jungle. This is a tour design for adventure seekers of all ages with great views and long zips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Albuquerque, NM
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great excursion for cruisers”
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I stayed at Roatan for 3 weeks & this is the best 1-day activity (besides scuba diving). The canopy tour was fun & I also enjoyed playing with the monkeys & birds. The SNUBA instructor is wonderful!

Minneapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of our Cruise”
Reviewed February 11, 2010

A group of 10 of us did the Zip Lining at South Shore Canopy Tours and it was amazing! This was the most fun I had while on our cruise. We have 4 wonderful guides that took us on the tour. They made us feel very safe and comfortable. They took our cameras with them down the zip lines and took pictures of all of us. The guides would go upside down and even let some members of our group try it too. I would go back again and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for something fun to do in Roatan!

1 Thank ally916
Vancouver
“Fantastic view, great service, well worth the money”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We spent a wonderful day in Roatan during our cruise stop-over. We were taken to the south shore canopy zip trekking and it was fantastic. We really couldn't have been happier. Our guides were Frederic and Alvin, and they were unbelievable. They used our camera to get fantastic photos, and made sure we had a safe and wonderful time. They are very attentive.

I would definitely recommend this expedition.

-brad

sanford, north carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best canopy tour”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

My friends and I just got back from the Carnival Legend. Since Carnival does not offer a shore trip for zip line in Roatan someone suggested we use Shoretrips.com. They booked us with South Shore Canopy tours and we had the best time ever!!! We had four great guides on our trip thru the canopy. They were very helpful and a lot of fun. They took my camera and video camera and would make sure they were ahead of my group. They took great pictures and video of us on the zip line so we could just enjoy the ride and have pictures to show after. I let everyone on the ship know about this trip and I have told everyone back home. I also informed my travel agent so she could recommend South Shore to others going to Roatan. Thanks again for a wonderful adventure, hope to fly again in the future.

1 Thank jklein
Barrie, ON
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“South Shore Canopy Tour was Fantastic”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We went in October '08 for $70 for the two of us. We came off the Carnival Legend but it wasn't a ship excursion.
Simply breath taking! We weren't just 20-30 feet off the ground, we were anywhere from 40 to 100 feet above the valley floor, going back and forth across the jungle tree tops on 40 to over 800 foot runs! I wasn't scared because the guides were careful and more importantly there were double cable systems completely throughout. Even if one cable failed you were still connected to the second cable. And the concrete anchors for each zip-end were huge and solid. I'm a Toronto Fire fighter with high angle rescue training and these guys did their harnesses right.
A beautiful and fun adventure.

1 Thank mh-BarrieON