“Awesome First Time!”

Roatan Shore Excursion: Zip 'n' Dip Canopy Tour
Ranked #13 of 169 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer 11 zip-lines and 13 platforms through the jungle. This is a tour design for adventure seekers of all ages with great views and long zips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Austell, GA
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Awesome First Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked this tour as it was highly recommended by TripAdvisor users and Cruise Critic members. He and I enjoyed ourselves as first-time zip liners. Guides were helpful in navigating 13 different zip lines, and the views were spectacular. We recommend this activity highly!

2 Thank KayGee62

Altoona, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Most awesome excursion. The trip is not through any cruise line. It came recommended by a fellow Carnival cruiser. The guides, the view and the zipping were excellent. Guides were more than gracious when helping my mom with her 1st time ziplining. You are in for a wonderful treat when you do this tour.

Visited September 2013
Watertown, South Dakota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great fun for the family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We did this zip line while in port on a cruise ship. We did not book through the ship. They had a guide waiting for us (there were 9 of us) just outside the port area with a bunch of other vendors. The driver was great and took us on a nice drive to the zip line. The zip line was fantastic. Everyone enjoyed it. Then we took the Eco walk which was interesting. The guides who helped us were great they made it a very fun day.

Visited September 2013
Spring, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“First timer on the line”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My brother and I booked this as a shore excursion through Royal Caribbean. They offered two types of experiences -- Express and Adventurer. We opted for the Express Zip line, which is 13 lines because it was our first time. The other course is 26 lines. I am usually not a person for heights. But once I got on the line, I had no fear and found it to be very excilarating! I thoroughly enjoyed my first zipline experience and will definitely do it again. This is an event that an entire family can do. There were people of all ages in our group. I think the minimum age for a child is 8 and the maximum weight limit is 302 pounds. The child is harnessed with one of the company's experienced personnel.

I was very pleased with this company. Our guide met us at the dock and took us by bus up to and from the location. They have lockers for you to store your valuables or anything you may lose while on the line. It was $1 or $2 to use the locker. The staff was very knowledgable, friendly, and ensured everyone was harnassed and on the line properly. I highly recommend you take a head scarf to wear underneath your helmet, sunglasses, and sunscreen. I didn't have any problems with mosquitoes, but repellent is not a bad idea.

They do allow you to take pictures on the platforms. However, the camera needs to be small and compact like a Nikon Coolpix. They do have someone to take action shot pictures of you while ziplining. You will have to purchase the action shot DVD if you want it. If you opt to take your camera, I advise wearing shorts or capris with deep pockets or with zippers.

Be sure to have cash if you want to purchase something to eat or drink afterwards. There is a young man at the snack bar area with a cute little monkey with whom you can take a picture for a small donation. All in all, it was a great experience which I would do if ever I return to the island.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kayshelle
Santa Monica, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Loads of Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I signed up with South Shore Zipline through Viator.com as an alternative to the overpriced cruise ship excursions. The cruise lines try to scare you by making you walk a few blocks outside the secure, shopping mall-style area where the ship docks. It seems a little intimidating, but it is so worth it. South Shore Zipline is waiting just outside the gate with other vendors. They take you on a tour of the island, then take you to their huge Zipline. We had a guide assigned to our family and he took special care of our 8-year-old. She was initially terrified, but ended up loving it. Afterwards, we all posed for photos with a mischievous monkey on our shoulders.

Visited August 2013