“Great Shore Excursion”

ZUPERMAN ZIP N DIP TOUR
Ranked #12 of 193 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer 11 zip-lines and 13 platforms through the jungle. This is a tour design for adventure seekers of all ages with great views and long zips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We visited Roatan via the Carnival Dream.

I booked their Zip and Dip through Shore Trips. The South Shore people were easy to find when we exited the port area. There is a small hill we had to climb up and over @ Mahogany Bay port. The good news is they drive you back over the hill when they drop you off! The ride over to the zip line was nothing compared to the day before... maybe 30 minutes? The people were all safe, friendly, and professional. Their gear looked to be in good shape. There were lockers to rent for $1 each which is incredibly reasonable.

After the zip, we took a short ride to the beach at West Bay. The only downside was we only had 2 hours at the beach after we got dropped off. We planned on snorkeling, so it would have been nice to stay longer, and we could have if we wanted to pay more for our own ride back, but the whole point in taking this tour was the transportation is included at a great price!!

This was the best snorkeling from shore we've ever seen! After we'd snorkeled, we walked back down to Foster's. Right before we got back a guy yelled out "ice cold beer, 3 for $5" and that caught our attention! In the end we snorkeled about as much as I could physically handle and got back to the van with 10 minutes to spare, so it worked out perfectly.

1  Thank redxpanda

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just arrived back from our Carnival Dream Cruise! Honduras was by far my favorite stop on our 7 day cruise! Did not book an excursion through the cruise as we had 10 family members traveling together and wanted a better deal if we could find one. The Rotary Club desk right at the port recommended South Shore Tours. We walked out of the main port area and down the street to find locally owned non cruise related companies offering tours. We found our South Shore guide who gave our group a great deal! We had the best time ever. The Zip lining was amazing and we felt very safe. The guides did a great job! The views are breathtaking! Highly recommend! Love My new friend Bingo the monkey who you can get a picture with after zip
lining. Following the zip line our guide took us to a private beach where we paid $10 to stay which included a local beach bar and restaurant and a free Rum Punch drink! Very tasty! Seemed to be a locals spot-a local secret place. Loved it all! The driver stayed with us the entire time. Once we were ready to head back to the ship she was there and had us all back in time before the ship left the port. Highly recommend this company!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had planned a horseback riding excursion, and due to some mis-communication we were not able to go(Thank God). A call to the Activities Director at our resort got us quickly to South Shore Zipline.
We had a blast! I was a little leary, being kind of safety conscious, but my fears were somewhat alleviated when I saw the quality of the hardware and equipment. After that it was just plain fun.
Our guides Carl and Carlos were great, and made it all fun, especially for the kids. They were more than accommodating and took a ton of pictures for us.
If you are adventurous, don't miss it.

1  Thank MikeG304583
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

It was the adventure of a lifetime...the guys going down are the best! Carlos you are this Mommas hero!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had an amazing time. My boyfriend is afraid of heights, but he really enjoyed this tour. Our guides were really funny and entertaining and very knowledgable. I felt 100% safe the entire time. I highly recommend this tour. This was probably my favorite experience of our whole cruise. Plus we made friends on this tour who we still keep in touch with. Our tour also included the beach break where they take you to a restaurant afterward, and it was a really amazing and fun experience. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS!
Tips: wear close-toed shoes. Bring a camera with a strap to take pictures. You can also purchase a whole CD of pictures for like 5 or 10 dollars, which is a great deal.
Take advantage of doing tricks with the guides! It was so fun! My boyfriend was too scared to attempt any of the tricks, but I did all of them, and they were awesome. Just ignore the fact that they look like acrobatic sex acts, haha. We had a little 6 year old girl on our tour with us, and she had a blast. The guides were super energetic with her and made sure she felt safe and comfortable the whole time.
Make sure you bring cash to rent a locker! They also have a lot of animals at their building where you start. Toucans, monkeys, and little kittens! So much to see!