“Good times!”

ZUPERMAN ZIP N DIP TOUR
Ranked #12 of 197 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer 11 zip-lines and 13 platforms through the jungle. This is a tour design for adventure seekers of all ages with great views and long zips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had planned a horseback riding excursion, and due to some mis-communication we were not able to go(Thank God). A call to the Activities Director at our resort got us quickly to South Shore Zipline.
We had a blast! I was a little leary, being kind of safety conscious, but my fears were somewhat alleviated when I saw the quality of the hardware and equipment. After that it was just plain fun.
Our guides Carl and Carlos were great, and made it all fun, especially for the kids. They were more than accommodating and took a ton of pictures for us.
If you are adventurous, don't miss it.

1  Thank MikeG304583

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

It was the adventure of a lifetime...the guys going down are the best! Carlos you are this Mommas hero!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had an amazing time. My boyfriend is afraid of heights, but he really enjoyed this tour. Our guides were really funny and entertaining and very knowledgable. I felt 100% safe the entire time. I highly recommend this tour. This was probably my favorite experience of our whole cruise. Plus we made friends on this tour who we still keep in touch with. Our tour also included the beach break where they take you to a restaurant afterward, and it was a really amazing and fun experience. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS!
Tips: wear close-toed shoes. Bring a camera with a strap to take pictures. You can also purchase a whole CD of pictures for like 5 or 10 dollars, which is a great deal.
Take advantage of doing tricks with the guides! It was so fun! My boyfriend was too scared to attempt any of the tricks, but I did all of them, and they were awesome. Just ignore the fact that they look like acrobatic sex acts, haha. We had a little 6 year old girl on our tour with us, and she had a blast. The guides were super energetic with her and made sure she felt safe and comfortable the whole time.
Make sure you bring cash to rent a locker! They also have a lot of animals at their building where you start. Toucans, monkeys, and little kittens! So much to see!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We booked our excursion on line and received $5 off per person on the zip and dip excursion (no discount on the ecotour and beach excursion). The directions, that they provided, to the meeting place were detailed.

Unfortunately, it was drizzling on and off that day. The meeting place was a 15 minute walk, from the dock. Since not everyone showed up on time, we had to wait at least 40 minutes before they transported us in a van to the zip lines (our family of four and two other people). And, it turned out that the people that arrived late went on a different van.

Our 20 and 15 yr. old sons went on the zip lines and my husband and I did the suspension bridge walk. There was a dollar charge for those that wanted to store things in a locker. We got a locker since our excursions included the beach and we didn't want to carry everything on walk (and sons doing zip lines).

The guide was nice pointing out the different plants, trees and features of the jungle, and medicinal purposes (if applicable). He also took pictures of us, with our camera, along the way. He did mention his disappointment to us that he wasn't one of the guides for the zip lines since they originally told him he would be doing it.

Our kids had fun on the zip lines. They said they were better than the zip lines at Gatorland in Orlando, Florida. Personally, I am glad they weren't zipping over water with alligators waiting for them below. There was a cd available, to purchase, with pictures of them in the gift shop (which we bought).

The same van driver took us to the beach and back to the ship. There was an open air restaurant on the beach. The driver gave us each a coupon for a free drink (nonalcoholic for the 15 yr.). We were hungry, so ordered coconut shrimp and nachos with toppings on it to share. The food was decent.

We should have put our bathing suits on before the excursion, because none of us wanted to change. The sand was somewhat wet due to the weather. The beach was okay. We saw a nicer part of the beach a short walk from there but didn't go. The "merchants" on the beach were a little annoying. I did buy some trinkets from them since I knew it was there livelihood. They didn't seem that happy (unlike the other "merchants" that I met in Belize and Cozumel). The driver took us back to the ship when we wanted to leave (which was early due to te dreary weather).

I am glad that I went on this excursion, but am ready to try something new (and a different beach). Our sons liked zip lining and would do it again. It would have been better if the weather had cooperated.

1  Thank Jackie T
GolfUSF, Owner at South Shore Zipline, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Hi. We are very sorry to hear you had to wait a long time before excursions left. At Mahogany bay cruise Centre where Carnival ships dock we are at a disadvantage as they make us wait outside the gates. We try to do our best by filling our driver's vans with a sufficient amount of guests to start excursion, but sometimes some guests are late and some are on-time and we try to send the vans with enough people so the driver can earn a descent transportation fee since some of them are sub-contracted to transport our guests. Again we are sorry for any inconvenience caused on our behalf. Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was such a blast! I was a little nervous being I am scared of heights, but all it took was one zip line for me to forget that. This was so much fun. Edward the Great was out guide and he was very nice and helpful. I couldn't believe how many zip lines they had. It was like it kept going and goind and I didn't want it to end. I didn't know what to expect as far as equipment and harnesses go, but these guys know what they are doing. They are all about safety. This tour is great for all ages. You have to go and when you do, try the Superman or upside down positions. A lot of fun! Don't forget to see Bingo the monkey. So stinkin' cute!