“Zip Line fun”

Roatan Shore Excursion: Zip 'n' Dip Canopy Tour
Ranked #13 of 178 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer 11 zip-lines and 13 platforms through the jungle. This is a tour design for adventure seekers of all ages with great views and long zips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Baldwin City, Kansas, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Zip Line fun”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We just got home from a Carnival Magic Cruise. We booked the South Shores Zip Line on line before we got to Routan. My wife was so afraid to start with but soon realized it was a blast. The guys who work their a fantastic. A person on every tower to help you. Even requested a bounce while going on the 1100ft cable. What a thrill. Private beach was also very good and never felt unsafe. The only draw back is putting up with pedalers on the beach. Would tell everyone to go here. Book on-line. Go cave tubing in Belize with the river float.

2 Thank David W

Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Above the Rest”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My 12 year old daughter and I went on this excursion in Roatan. It was so much fun. They rented a locker for $1. This was great I didn't have to worry about my thing while we were zip-lining. The cables and set up made me feel safe. The views were incredible. It was breath taking and unbelievable to soar above the tree tops! The guides were very attentive and fun loving. They did some really fun tricks with us on the lines. They strived to give us a memorable experience. When we got back to to the locker area they had a small monkey we were able to hold and touch. From there they took us to a crystal clear beach. Here you could snorkel or relax. Lucky for us this beach had a dive shop (Anemonia dive shop) We left the group and had plenty of time to do a beginners scuba course before our ship departed.

1 Thank myBluepenguin
“Simply amazing!!!!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We has the most amazing time. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable. They were patient and thorough. We can't wait to go back and do it again.

Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
“Zipitty-Line-Fun!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Oh, where to start? We went for the eco-tour (also amazing, do it...really) and wound up jealously watching the others in our tour group zip and yell and shriek joyfully from the zipline above...so we caved and bought a pair of tickets after our wonderful and informative eco-walk. First off...I don't like heights, so Lonnie (one of the guides - in fact, the guide who took us on the fun eco-tour adventure) hooked me up with him and we went tandem for the first few runs until I got over myself. He was AMAZING! Patient with my scaredy-cat ways and completely hilarious. I quickly forgot to be afraid and learned to go with the flow...aaaaaaallllllll the way through the attraction. And wow, what an attraction! We were sailing through the rain forest and got some of the most amazing views of the ocean and the trees and the hills. Beautiful! Well worth the money. I recommend this place with a ten star rating. It was our favorite part of the seven day cruise and most of it was because of the wonderful guides at South Shore. I mention Lonnie by name because he spent the most time with us, but all those guides deserve to be noted. They are a fantastic team and make the experience of ziplining fantastic, even for middle aged height-fearful creatures like me. :)

Thanks to all of you at South Shore. My husband and I will never forget the fun we had that day.

2 Thank Kymberly L
Richmond, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“South Shore Zipline - "Awesome"”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Twelve ziplines over the Roatan jungle for 45 minutes of awesome thrills - even in the rain. My family wanted to do a good zipline and this was certainly it. They felt safe and secure. Even though it rained the whole time, they thoroughly enjoyed the experience and they certainly had enough time to know they had done some zipping. This place was busy this day (3 cruise ships at dock) but they took good care of each person making sure they understood the whole procedure and what they needed to do to enjoy this experience and be safe. Our family ranged in age from 11 years old to 50 years old and wish they could go back again and zip in the sun. They have lockers, bathrooms and dressing areas to change when soaking wet. We highly recommend the South Shore Zipline on Roatan, Honduras. Those of us who did not zip could order snacks and drinks and stay under cover while we waited. There are some shops nearby to visit if it's not pouring rain.

Visited November 2012