All reviews eco divers rope swing west end fishing tournament hot water short walk lounge chairs hawksbill turtle open air restaurant rustic feel your doorstep great snorkeling quiet at night visited roatan air conditioning lobster beautiful reef
Reviewed March 6, 2018

Excellent spot to relax for a single or a couple. I was solo travelling but really loved the peace and quiet at night. The main drag is no more than 5-minutes away and totally safe to walk alone at night and you can hit any bar or restaurant there.
Half Moon also offers great access to outstanding snorkeling and a fresh water shower to rinse off. Staff were fabulous!
All in all great value.

Room tip: My room had AC and an overhead fan which was great
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Hilary G
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Half Moon Resort is about an 8 minute walk from the rowdy action on West End Road, but offers peace and quiet when you want to retreat and relax. It's located right on the Bay off a small, safe, dead-end side road.

There is a multilevel deck that sits just before the water - great for sunrises, sunsets, or just enjoying some breakfast in serenity.

There are stairs leading into the water for you to swim, rope-swing off an old anchored boat, or snorkel. The Resort provides gear if you don't have any, and Eco Divers (a pro dive shop on premise) is just steps away if you want to get scuba certified, do some dives, or go snorkeling further out via boat. They were very legit and accommodating.

In terms of snorkeling, I must mention my friend/guide/Half Moon Resort employee Marvin: he is the Turtle Whisperer. If he offers to take you out for a snorkel, accept it. You won't regret it. The first trip (again, right off the stairs right near the deck) we saw 2 green turtles and a whole gauntlet of interesting fish within 10 minutes. A few minutes later, we were swimming with an abnormally curious, critically endangered Hawksbill turtle. This one hung out with us for awhile. Moray, groupers, snake eels, barracuda, and other species all followed. It was excellent.

The management and staff were helpful, accommodating, and genuinely friendly. They run a family business with a tight-knit group, and it shows (in a very positive way). I read the negative reviews and find it very hard to believe that Rene, a very articulate, pleasant, and educated man would try to intimidate anyone into purchasing lobster (or any items, for that matter). On the contrary, I saw him and other management/staff interacting with some difficult guests with a high level of customer service and grace. Everyone from housekeeping to waitstaff was great - not a bad thing to say.

They offer solid air conditioning in very nice rooms and free water to guests. This is a big deal for me. Roatán is hot. There charges for some things, but they are presented to you clearly prior to agreement. If you are a guest, there is a charge for a mini fridge. You can accept or decline. If you aren't a guest, there are hours and charges clearly posted for use of chairs. If you don't like it, don't..rent..the..chairs?

I only have 2 points of criticism for this place: get better pillows, and review prices on the lunch menu. Breakfast is on point, but some lunch items feel too high.

I'll definitely be returning - and bringing others with me.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2017

Bungalows with AC and hot water right on a private beach with great snorkeling and access to a rope swing boat! The staff is incredibly friendly, and our room was cleaned daily. It is a short walk to the nightlife in West End, but far enough away for peace and quiet. Very serene. We are so glad we stayed here. Thanks Renee and Co.!!

~ Bryan, Los Angeles

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank amithedude
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Just returned from another trip to Roatan. This time I brought my daughter and niece. We stayed at Half Moon Bay Resort. I can't say enough about this place. The staff was wonderful! They were very attentive to anything we needed. It was so wonderful to just walk out your room and into Half Moon Bay with absolutely wonderful snorkeling. I definitely will return. I want to say thank you Rene for making our trip relaxing!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Great location, very nice staff, good food, strong AC, beautiful reef at your doorstep. Thoroughly enjoyed my 6 day stay. Rene, Sean & other staff were very nice & welcoming. Breezy, shady deck over the water is perfect for morning coffee. Or afternoon coffee! The kind of place you're sad to leave.

Date of stay: August 2017