“3rd time to Half Moon, Best yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Half Moon Resort

and 1 more site!
Half Moon Resort
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Roatan
Iron Mountain, Michigan
“3rd time to Half Moon, Best yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

Location is the best,on the shore and the reef within swimming distance. Atlantic Sea Divers on site is a plus. We were welcomed as snorkelers with the dive group. Nite snorkeling was great. Service was great and everyone so friendly. Our beach front cabin was great with air and fan. Within walking distance to other restaurants. A special thank you to Loretta & Sue,cooks,Angela kept our room clean. Matilda,Rene, & Jr very gracious owners.Seth,Tushena &Alex were great waiting on us, and Tony,Gily, Carlos & Edwardo (Marvin our nite guide) were great on the boat trips. Marty provided trans to the airport. A perfect trip. We're Seniors by the way

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kmorgan644

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

The price of the accommodation is fair reasonable. They have their own restaurant facing the bay and you can snorkeling just infront of their place. Most of the staff are friendly specially Alex, he knows most his regular clients and he's always there to serve them with smile! The only problem during Friday and Saturday night you can still hear the music from the Bar across the bay from West End. This place need a renovation, our first day the aircon is not working, they have to call Tony to fix the aircon. The advance of staying in this place they have generator. I heard they get blackout in the island during summer, having generator is really helpful that's if your aircon is working though!

Room Tip: Room 8 the aircon is new and working.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

Half Moon Resort has simple, clean cabins in an attractive and safe setting. The staff is great - very helpful, nice and obliging. The location is relaxing and tranquil - it's slightly removed from the noisy, drunken West End main road, a strip which I didn't particularly care for, but close enough to walk in about 2 minutes if you feel like hitting the bars. Also the food at their restaurant, which overlooks the bay, is really tasty.

Great experience. If I return to Roatan I will definitely stay at Half Moon Resort again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

My boyfriend picked this place to stay. At first, I was a little hesitant, because I was unable to find that much info about it. I saw the pictures on Trip advisor, but wasn't too sure about the web site, the non working phones when you attempted to call and No deposit at time of reservation!!!! BUT, I took a chance, and it was 110% worth it!!! The staff was sooooooo great. We got to know everyone ( and their family as we traveled around the island). Ryan , a waiter, was awesome and set us up on a zip line tour, and directed us to his mothers restaurant ( because we also went to Sandy Bay) YOU CAN NOT beat the location!! Just a walk and your in town and out of your front door is the water!!! Thank you all again, we had a blast!!! Very clean rooms, quiet and lots of wonderful people to practice your spanish on!! ((thanks Marvin, activities director, ) Everyone was just soo sweet!!Also, Best snorkling!! I saw a huge sea turtle!!! awww... wish I was still there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoannCA
Pfafftown, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

My husband and I spent a week at the Half Moon Bay Resort for our honeymoon. My husband had done some electrical work for a hospital nearby in February, and stayed there towards the end of his trip. He was dying to take me there, but I wasn't too sure about it. Eventually he talked me into going, and I'm so glad he did. The location is gorgeous! The snorkling is wonderful (we snorkled literally every day) and the service is better than any place I've ever been to. Everyone was so friendly and did their absolute best to make sure we had an amazing time. They even gave us fresh squid use as fishing bait with our coke bottle fishing poles (Thanks Sean!). I also highly recommend trying a " Monkey Lala" while lounging in the sunning chairs. The price was unbeatable. Our room was only $60 per night, and it was steps from the water. The price for food at the restaurant was great too. We'll definately be going back. It shouldn't be too hard to talk the hubby into a 1 year anniversary trip ;-)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LC071010
San Marcos, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

Half Moon Bay had everything we were looking for.... a fantastic place to snorkel, relax, have a good meal and a beer while enjoying a cool breeze and a fantastic view. The people were friendly. The deck was perfect. The rooms were simple and clean. The best thing was snorkeling right off the pier in the most beautiful reef. I took a guided night snorkeling trip with Atlantic Divers... it was brilliant. I saw eels, lobsters, and even octopus. This hotel is perfect for people who want something simple, pleasant, and a little out of the madness. It is quiet in the evenings, but the kind people will always bring you a cold beer on the deck.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ouchcomics
Penn Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

The snorkeling from the resort dock was fabulous - we saw exciting and different marine life each day - sea turtles, squid, angelfish, stingrays, and more! The food was consistantly great. I particularly enjoyed the banana pancakes, cocoanut fish, and key lime pie. The fresh lemonade is a must. And service was, warm, friendly - excellent!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple