“Amazing Divemasters”
Review of Marble Hill Farms

Marble Hill Farms
Ranked #11 of 54 Specialty Lodging in Roatan
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Just spent 9 days in Roatan, diving with Topical Island Divers. Pol and Ingrid are so awesome! Not only professional, but friendly. They definitely do not make you feel like you are just another number in their diving calendar, always taking the time to let you see everything you want, not rushing you. What a great team they make. We were so happy to dive with them all week. Miss you guys!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dawn-n-steve5683

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I didn't stay at the farm, but I did eat at the restaurant a few times. The food was really good,and the view/location was excellent. Rebekah, the bartender should be the tourism director for the whole island. She has to be the friendliest person on the island, and that's saying something.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank TravelingBrian
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I live on the island and just wanted to escape from work for a couple days. A friend reccommended this place so we went. We arrived very late however one of the managers, Ingrid was still awake to check us in and make sure we had everything we needed to get settled. The staff was very nice and accomodating.
We were in one of the cabins right out in front of the water. The bottom half of the cabin is all open except for a some netting wire that keeps all the insects out. I thought it was kind of cool because it makes you feel like you are almost outside. The cabin has all the basics you need, nothing fancy but well worth the price you will pay. Ac, hot water, purified drinking water and basic utensils. We did not get a chance to try the food from the restaurant but did eat breakfast a couple time which was nice. We also did the Jam tasting and bought a couple of them to take back with us.
Over all our time was just what we needed before the busy season ahead and we really were able to relax in the peace and tranquility Marble hill farms offers. We hope to go back again in the future. The only downfall for me was not having the internet signal reach out to the rooms. They do have it onsite but you have to go up to the main area to use it. Not a big deal though and kept me from working while on vacation.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bilo23
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Just spent the last week diving at Tropical Island Divers with Pol, Ingrid, and Edward and it could not have been better! Their personal attention really helped me as a beginner diver and wannabe UW photographer. The East End location meant pristine Meso-American reef sites every day all to ourselves without the crush of dive boats and divers like on the West End. Already planning to go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Pol and Ingrid of Tropical Island Divers at Marble Hill Farms did a great job leading our group of 5 divers and 1 snorkeler. They were both professional, but very friendly and accomodating. They, along with the boat captain Eduardo, took very good care of us and allowed us to truly enjoy ourselves diving.

The fish and scenery itself wasn't on the same level as say Fiji (but most aren't) the vibe at Paya Bay Resort where we stayed and Tropical Island Diver's was perfect!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2011

As a new diver, I have to say I was incredibly lucky to have spent my first week of open water diving with TID. Anton and Ed were unbelievably patient with me. I had never done any diving other than in a swimming pool, and I was completing my Open Water certification on this trip. The small group environment offered by TID was perfect for me. I am the first to admit that I was very nervous and required some hand-holding, sometimes quite literally (Thanks Ed!) If we had been diving with one of the larger, dive-till-you-drop operations, I don't think I would have enjoyed my experience half as much.

The dive sites were amazing! There were no other boats in sight - it was as if we had the entire ocean to ourselves. The underwater scenery was better than I imagined it would be. Anton and Ed chose wonderful sites that were easy to navigate for me, the newbie, but still interesting for the more experienced divers in the group.

Patient, friendly, and knowledgeable about the dive sites, TID is a great choice for diving. With only 2 dives per day in the morning, this is not the place for hard-core divers. That is not intended to be a negative comment about TID. It's simply how they operate, and honestly, I enjoyed diving in the morning and then having my afternoons free to enjoy other island activities. All around, it made for a very exciting, yet relaxing vacation.

If I ever make my way back to Roatan, I plan to stay on the East end again, and any diving I do will be with TID. I have recommended TID to a friend whose wife is working on her certification and is looking for a great place to dive. If you don't want to get lost in a crowd of 15 or 20 or more, or feel like a number on a full boat, this is the place to go!

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank newbiediver68
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This is the place you want to go to get away from it all. Pretty isolated on the east end of Roatan, but in a beautiful setting. Recommend renting a car because you are about 8-10 miles away from anything. AWESOME food served at the Crow's Nest restaurant (best spiny lobster meal - ever!) by an incredible staff (Brian, Rebecca, Eric, Reese, Doran). Lots of "locals" drop over for drinks and food and everyone gets to know everyone else very quickly. Excellent diving with knowledgable dive masters and Captain Edward. The jams and jellies are a must and buy some to bring home with you.
The lodging is a bit rustic but you will never find a better group of people to hang out with and make you comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our friends at Marble Hill Farms.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple