“Best of the Best”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Guanaja
Chicago
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Guanaja is beautiful, and Graham’s Place is working hard to keep it that way.

First of all, Guanaja is not the place to be if you expect conventional American or UK luxury. That said, it is a wonderful place for a fantastic vacation if you want to get away from what Roatan has turned into: the Cancun of Honduras.

Graham’s place offers great food, friendly staff and solid amenities. It is well run, clean, fumigated (which, in Honduras, is very important) and the beach is everything you’d imagine in a fantasy -- plus, it’s raked every day. You will have great water pressure in your shower, three very good meals a day, fantastic diving, and peace and quiet. Except on New Year’s Eve, or any other sort of celebration -- they know how to throw a great party. So, if you’re going on vacation for a girls’ getaway, some male bonding fishing time, a dive trip with friends, or a romantic time with your honey, Graham’s will not disappoint. If I could give this place more stars I would!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank SweeneyCat86

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
sellersnurg IN
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I spent a week at Grahams place in October of 2012. I went down there to do some fly fishing for bonefish and permit. When I arrived I was surprised that I was the only guest at the resort. At first I thought this was going to be a problem and as concerned that I would not have anyone to hang out with all week. I could not have been more wrong. Graham was awesome and he and his staff treated me more like family than a guest. As it turn out Grahams Place is where a lot of locals like to hang out at in the evenings, I got to know some really great people and everyone was unbelievably friendly. I spent several evenings in the bar getting schooled on local Honduran politics.
I went fishing Several times with Cassidy, a local fishing guide. He was awesome and one of the best guides I’ve ever worked with. Cassidy put me on more bone fish then I have ever seen in my life. This is truly an amazing fishery. One of the locals offered to take me out deep sea fishing on his boat one day just because he was going anyway. Graham offered to take me Wahoo fishing with him; I declined having already made arrangements to bone fish with Cassidy. The fishing was great and I do not regret my choice, but Graham and his crew caught 19 wahoo before noon and left them still biting. Once again this is an awesome fishery.
Even though I was the only guest that week, Graham never let any details of running a first class place. His staff was awesome. They were there to take care of anything I needed. He kept the grounds spotless, the beach was raked daily. Housekeeping was spot on and the bar/restaurant were perfectly maintained. The food was incredible, Lots of fresh seafood. Eric the bartender can read your mind, even though I do not speak any Spanish he seemed to know what I wanted before I did.
It was simply perfect, I will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank tikkiman
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you are looking for a great place to go for your money, then you have found it. Graham's place is really affordable, they have all the things you want, ac, internet, a lively bar, amazing beach, and the most friendly staff. During the holidays or high times it can be a little lively so if your looking for quiet, check with them to see if you are traveling during a good time but you no matter what you will be sure to have an excellent stay. I can only recommend staying in two places on the island and this is one of them for sure. You will definitely enjoy yourself. I did!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank LaGringaRobin
daveinyk
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just returned from another trip to Honduras and the Bay Island of Guanaja. Stayed at 'Grahams Place' which is a cay just off the main island. First off the staff are second to none and will go out of their way to ensure you stay is the very best. The is not a five star resort in the sense that there is a buffet line and umbrellas in the drinks but is a five star in the sense that all your needs are cared for by caring staff. The accommodations are simple but more than comfortable and all rooms have a killer view of the Caribbean sea. Mr. Graham is an excellent host who oversees all of the operations to ensure his guests for a relaxing and stress free holiday on his private little island.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank daveinyk
Grand Cayman
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Graham's place is a beautiful Island that is nestled perfectly in the bay islands. Mr Graham has created a prestine paradise like no other on the planet! The accomodations, the staff,the meals and the natural beauty leaves me speachless. The Bonefish and Permit are everywhere, truly a flyfishermans paradise!! I'm already planning my next trip!!

1 Thank Randy P
George Town, Grand Cayman
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We went to Grahams Place for a 3 night weekend. This Island gem is truly paradise. The food was spectacular and the help was extremely accommodating. We were able to go deep sea fishing with Jorge (high speed wahoo expert), and caught 6 wahoo between 15 and 50lbs. All you have to do is just ask Graham whatever your needs are and he will cater and provide. The beaches are beautiful white sand and the water is crystal clear. The rooms are extremely comfortable and i especially liked the sea creature indentification touch for rooms instead of numbers. There is so much to see and be amazed by Grahams creativity and vision. We are already planning our next trip back.

Room Tip: the are all great. the 3rd floor rooms have a beautiful all aroud view.