“Great beers and awesome people!”

Manati Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Guanaja
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great beers and awesome people!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a must stop when you are in Guanaja. Its a cool bar run by these awesome Germans. They even have German beer there. you will love how welcoming they are. I wouldn't have loved my trip as much without meeting Annette and Klaus.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank LaGringaRobin

Denver, Colorado
“A Special Place and Great Food!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have been to this restaurant many times over the years. The food is always fresh and outstanding. The host and guests always very welcoming. Where else can you be on a secluded island and be served top quality German food! We would recommend this place to anyone. They often have pig roasts to celebrate special occassions. The location is amazing and the views are great. You should not go to Guanaja and miss a meal here for sure. We will be back!
The Hambricks

• Visited July 2012
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
“Little place in Paradise.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

In my first trip to Guanaja, Manati was the first place I was taken to and I fall in love, the reception of the owners was very warm, and the food, the food was deliciously good, there's nothing better then a plate of 'spaetzle mit sosse' accompanied by a cold golden Tucher, I love german beer, now is a habit for me to eat at Manati every time I'm in Guanaja, and because I'm here today, you can imagine where I will eat tonight.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank WalskaM
Estacada, OR
“Manati BaRestaurant - Best way to spend your Saturday!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

The Manati is a lovely bar and restaurant on the South Side of the island. Ask any water taxi to take you to Manati then sit back and enjoy the ride. Saturday lunch is a big attraction for the locals. Claus is sure to be cooking up something fantastic and Annette will keep the rum drinks flowing. Enjoy the view from the porch and the fun and interesting company! Bon Apetite!