“The Tikal postcard”

$75.00*
and up
Day Trip Tikal National Park from Flores
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Not as large as temple IV or as ornate as some of the stellas you see elsewhere in the park. It is, however, the image for Tikal. Excellently restored, complete, and towering pyramid right in the central plaza. Makes for excellent photos and viewing from many angles, particularly if you climb one of the palaces on the side.

All reviews
"howler monkeys"
in 5 reviews
"tikal site"

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Much like the other temples of Tikal, Temple I is magnificent! As one of the temples where the jungle has been cleared away from the ruins, it offers an idea of how grand the city must have looked at its height.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I can never get tired of looking at these ancient structures and wondering why. You definitely cannot say that "once you have seen one Mayan ruins that you have seen them all". They all seem to have a personality and stand out. My neck still hurts from looking up so much. When you go to Tikal, stay long enough to see all of these tall ruins. I can't say enough about these ruins that has not been said before so just get on a plane and go.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have wanted to go there since I was a child I was not disappointed every temple was fabulous. Even with a bad knee I was helped by everyone there. When I go back I will have a new knee and be able to explore and climb even more. Nothing will ever match my first time to Tikal I left a piece of my heart on top of
Temple 3. When you are on top of the Temple 3 nothing beats watching the mist part then you see the Jaguar Temple for the first time, it will bring tears to your eyes and your heart will soar.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 21, 2013

During our short trip in Belize, we hadn’t planned on crossing the border into Guatemala to check out Tikal. It wasn’t until after we were informed that missing Tikal was like going to Egypt and not seeing the pyramids, did we change our plans. Our guide was Eddie Panti, whom we’d driven from Belize with. He picked us up at our hotel and drove us to the border where we all got out and met our Guatemalan guide and driver to take us the rest of the way to Tikal. In Guatemala, it is the law to have a Guatemalan vehicle and guide. Eddie was originally planned to be our guide for the Caracol Mayan Ruins but he was perfectly happy to change plans on short notice and guide us into Tikal. I doubt our adventure in Tikal would have been possible without Eddie’s arrangements. Tikal is an absolutely amazing must see. I am so happy we decided to visit. We not only learned Mayan history and actually climbed ancient ruins we also saw a lot of wildlife such as Spider Monkeys, Howler Monkeys, and Toucans! After our tour we had some extra time so we were asked if we’d want to explore the colonial island town of Flores for a little while. There, we just strolled around and took it easy. We did a little souvenir shopping, and shared a nice cold local beer before it was time to head back to Belize. Eddie made our whole trip that day run so smoothly and he made it unforgettable. I will absolutely be calling him next time I’m in Belize to take us on more adventures and ancient ruin tours. Contact Eddie through his brother Carlos (also an amazing guide who took us though the ATM cave- another must see!). You will have hit the jackpot if they’re both able to take you on a tour! Reach them at carlos.caveguide@yahoo.com or call 011-501-669-5552 or 011-501-669-7619 You’ll be glad you did!