“Private room value/price for bagpackers enough.”
Review of Casa Argentina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Quetzaltenango
Casa Argentina
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Quetzaltenango
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We had private room in second floor. Clean, simple. No special services, for bagpackers good comfort. Be aware of switched taps in shower. Blue='hot'.

Laundry in front of hotel - cheap and quick. Travel agency inside, good and trustable.
Cheapest hostel that we found in Xela

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights on arriving in Xela. Shared a room with a friend I'd made on the way from Antigua, so it was especially cheap. It's fine for the price, bue I decided to move to another hostel, because I wanted to meet more people and Casa Argentina wasn't particularly sociable when I was there. Don't expect more than basic amenities, but a good base for going on a Quetzeltrekkers trek the next day.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Emma D
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Yes, it is sparse, but it is also one of the least expensive options in Xela. I have stayed there myself and, in good conscience, I have recommended it to many of my friends. People who complain about Casa Argentina should open their wallet and pay more for a luxury hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Philip_Wilson
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Ok, lets start out by saying that the only reason I stayed in this hostel was because I was going on a Quezaltrekkers tour the very next morning, otherwise I would have stayed elsewhere. Having said that you can't be too picky when paying $4.50 (35Q) a night for a private room. The first room I was shown I refused to stay in, the mattress looked older than me, but after spending some time I picked a room with a reasonable bed. To my surprise the T.V not only worked but had cable. There is only 1 decent bathroom with hot water and the overall cleanliness of the place is quite poor (which is typical for Guatemala) so in that sense its average by local standards. At the end of the day I only needed a bed for 1 night as I had an early wake up, for the money spent you can't complain however I would not return nor recommend this place unless you were trekking the next day.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank AdamCosmicTraveller
Reviewed February 26, 2012

The main reason to stay at Casa Argentina is if you are going on a trek with Quetzaltrekkers as they are in the building. We paid 70 Q for 2 people to stay in a private room with no bathroom. While the owner and family were very friendly and the property was safe, only one shower had hot water (no easy feat with so many people staying there) and the bed was so uncomfortable it was almost unbelievable. Considering we paid equal amounts of money for much more comfortable and beautiful surroundings, I would only recommend this hostel if you are trekking with QT.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2012

i'm sure all the refugees in this world would be happy to know that there's one refugee camp with solid walls and roofs, hot water, beds, internet access, and a sense of security....this goes out to the jerk comparing this place to a refugee camp. Obviously you took a wrong turn when you were looking for your 5 star accommodations. I mean, i can totally understand where you're coming from. I was shocked to find out for $3 a night that there was no valet service, no Michelin 3 star restaurant, no high end escorts, no room service, no Gucci store downstairs. Shocking. I was however quite impressed with my hot shower, my warm bed linens, our private room, the internet access, the location....need i go on? For $3 a night, are you kidding me?!? I would totally stay here again. Fine, i had to buy my own toilet paper, which pushed my daily rate to about $3.02. The horror!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank ricaonabudget
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I don't know what others are looking for, 30Q a night is great and I guess if you don't want a basic accommodations you're welcome to find something else for more money. They have hot water, an internet connection a common area for cooking. The atmosphere welcoming and friendly. The rooms are basic. There isn't toilet paper but you can get some across the street for 2Q. I'm personally on a budget and welcome savings anytime I can find it. I've paid more for less in the past. Casa Argentina is perfect for a budget and for an overall pleasant experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends