“Best bread in Guatemala!”
Review of La Chatia Artesana

La Chatia Artesana
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: We are a bakery dedicated to the production of healthy and home made products. We have three locations for our clients convenience, at zone 1, zone 3 y zona 9. We open seven days at week from 6:30 in the morning. We offer you also vegetarian and vegan food. We work with local producers and local staff making us a bakery with own personality and authenticity.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We had lunch at the Zona 1 location, and it was honestly the best bread I've had in Guatemala. The sandwiches were excellent, and my daughter loved their chocolate chai cookies!

Juan M, Propietario at La Chatia Artesana, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

So glad you and your daughter enjoyed the bakery! Any suggestion is always welcome, thanx for coming and always welcome back :D

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place. I had the salmon/wasabi bagle sandwich and it was delicious, though the wasabi dressing should be much stronger. I could hardly taste the wasabi and wouldn't have identified it if I hadn't known. The bagel itself was excellent. I also had their coffee and it was great - strong, smooth, and very drinkable. The service was quick and friendly. The environment could be slightly cozier.

Juan M, Propietario at La Chatia Artesana, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Hello Chris, very thankful for you comment, as a matter of fact thank to your opinion we just made stronger the wasabi paste, I agree with you and appreciate your feedback. We have recently hang more stuff in the walls and added plants so the place is slightly cozier :D We recently remodeled the bakery at Zone 1, more than welcome!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Scrumptious sandwiches with awesome ingredients. Lots of great options for vegetarians, omnivores, and carnivores alike, on homemade bread and bagels. Have also recently introduced salads and breakfasts. Top picks so far are portabello with avocado and gruyere sandwich, and tofu and grilled vegetable sandwich. Not to be missed!

1  Thank Asya T
Juan M, Propietario at La Chatia Artesana, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

It makes us so happy to read your comment, we improve constantly our menu and innovate better ways to cook our food. Very glad that you liked it, thanx for the comment!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The presentation and quality of the food was great. We had a group of 16 for breakfast and the service and attention was top notch. I would recommend to anybody.

1  Thank TAdvice21
Juan M, Propietario at La Chatia Artesana, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Welcome you all anytime. Thanx for coming and cheering our mourning up!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

La Chatía Artesana is one of my favourite places in Xela. It has great, homemade food for a good price and offers a cosy atmosphere. You can either take the delicious bread home (such as bagels, pita bread etc.) or eat it there. I especially recommend the Tres Quesos Sandwich, the Pita Pizza with Pesto and Mushrooms and the homemade granola with yoghurt. A unique bread you can get there is the Sourdough, I haven't find a place in whole Central American where they sell that kind of bread and it is really delicious.

1  Thank Anna M
Juan M, Propietario at La Chatia Artesana, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

We are really glad that you like us! Any comment to be better is more than welcome ;)