“Liked all the food”

La Esquina Asiatica
Cuisines: Asian
Description: La Esquina Asiatica is located 3 blocks away from Parque Central, the main plaza. It is on the 2nd level, across the street from the yoga house, as well as across from the taiwanese street food store. It is directly on the corner of 9a avenida and 8th calle! We're open MONDAY through SATURDAY from 8:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. and SUNDAY from 12:30 to 3:00 P.M.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Pad Thai, dumplings, spring rolls, all delicious, and I live in San Francisco, I am picky about Asian food. Food is fresh, nice spice to sauces, and not too sweet or soggy. Decor needs a little work though, the plastic chairs are awful, but the mural is a nice start, and the old room with windows has a lot of potential charm. Minor detail compared to getting Asian food in Xela!

1  Thank lisamano

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a great little restaurant, found upstairs on the corner of the street. The menu offers a range of dishes; one or two Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc., and the two we had were fantastic. Having lived in Asia, we were really surprised/pleased to find a place like this in Xela and it's obvious the chef really takes pride in his cooking and his attentive service. If you have a couple of nights in Xela, I really would recommend this place, the quality of the food cannot be faulted.

1  Thank rothesayUK
Reviewed December 13, 2012

A friend and I ordered five summer rolls for Q25. It was a good snack for both of us and could have been a meal for one. We were not disappointed in any way.

1  Thank Philip_Wilson
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I expected the food here to be good, but it was better than anything I could have imagined. The owner, Denise and her cook Ceasar are great! The service is amazing and they make you feel like you are in your own home. The mixed appetizer platter, the Thai wrap, and Pad Thai, are my favorites, but everything I have had there has been has been of the highest quality of any restaurant in Xela. What has made me a regular here, beyond the amazing service, atmosphere and food is that the prices can't be beat. Anyone passing through Xela needs to check this place out, and if you are here for a longer period of time, you should become a regular.

2  Thank lerichardson210
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I love the food here and the prices are really reasonable as well. I've brought a bunch of my friends here and they've become addicts as well. Some of my favorites are spring rolls, the chicken satay, the cashew chicken, and the dumplings. It's hard to find dumplings in Guatemala, and Denise makes the best. In terms of desserts, the pie is good, and I can't say how the mango pudding is because they ran out before I could have any. The atmosphere is also nice; the restaurant is on the second floor so it's full of natural light and has a nice breezy feeling for lunch.

1  Thank Quakermaid99