“Epic Trips, Great Staff”
Review of Kaqchikel Tours

Kaqchikel Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the city of Quetzaltenango, Kaqchikel Tours is a 100% Guatemalan-owned tour operator with over 15 years of experience, dedicated to tourism and the promotion of new routes in the highlands of Guatemala in order to offer a wide variety of tourist destinations. We are a group of guides registered with INGUAT (Guatemalan Institute of Tourism). Our extensive experience allows us to offer excursions to beautiful places full of adventure or relaxation, and we always strive to provide high quality service and security to meet our customers´ needs. As a result, most of our clients are referred by previous satisfied customers who have consistently found our services to be above and beyond their expectations.
San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Epic Trips, Great Staff”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I lived in Xela for 7 months and one of my regrets is not trekking with Kaqchikel more. Eduardo, the owner, is an awesome, lively guy and you can tell he loves showing tourists great tours. My favorite trek by far was to Santiaguito with Marvin - hiking over an inactive volcano to then climb up an active volcano. All their guides are professional, incredibly knowledgable and experienced and I definitely recommend trekking with Kaqchikel if you want to learn about Guatemalan culture and history that other companies don't provide. Can't wait to come back to Xela!!!

Visited November 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“day trips with Kaqchikel Tours”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were very impressed with the owner of the business, who helped us by giving directions without being pushy about using his business. We did 2 day trips: a visit to a local village market (Zunil) & hot springs (Fuentes Georginas) and a hike up to see a volcano erupting (Santiaguito).
The owner's son, David, took us the first day. He was charming, funny and knowledgeable about the sights & history. He geared his time with us to our interests and helped us interact with locals. He also encouraged me to practice my beginning Spanish!
The owner, Eduardo, took us on the hike up to Santiaguito. He also shared lots of information and clearly loved doing his job.
We felt well-taken-care-of and enjoyed all of our interactions with everyone in the business. I would highly recommend using this tour business!

Visited February 2013
Seattle
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun in Xela”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We happened upon this tour company while looking for a restaurant next door (which had gone out of business). The owner, Eduardo, was so helpful and friendly that we returned to book a trip to the market at Zunil, with side trips to see Maximon and a church, and Fuentes Georginas (hot springs). Our guide, David, was playful and charming - a careful driver with lots of local info.
Had such a great time that we booked a sunrise hike to the mirador at Santiaguito. This is the first time we've been picked up at exactly the time specified for any activity in Guatemala!! Great views and safe return.
Eduardo went out of his way to help with some trouble we had with a local shopkeeper. His is a local business worth supporting!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank SeattleC
amsterdam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great value: very friendly and professional”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I did 3 tours with Kaqchikel and walked in there many many times, 'cause they always were in for a talk and gave me a lot of advice about other stuff I could do.
The trips were great as well, especially the Nebaj-Todos los Santos tour. All credits to Marvin, my guide during that tour. Good cook, great stories and a very friendly guy. Best guide I ever met (and I have met quiet a lot...).
I can recommend Kaqchikel to everyone!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Marck_1978
Wexford, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Our experience with this company!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have just left Xela, having spent two weeks there. One was to study Spanish & the second week was to trek the local area.

We chose this company primarily because they were located close to our hostel. They are a family business, who we cannot rate highly enough. We went on three different treks - Mirador, tajamulco & finally a 3 day trek to Lake Atitlan.

Each time we had a different tour guide. All were fantastic I am happy to report. Eduardo is the owner, his son Joshua & Marvyn who is an employee. The level of professionalism & personal touch were first rate. We didn't use any other tour company, as such I cannot comment on others. All I can say is 10/10 to these lads, I can recommend this company without any hesitation.

We are a couple in our early 30's from Ireland - buzzing with adrenalin after our achievements. Most of all though, these guys made it tremendous fun! :)

Visited July 2012