“very authentic and delicious”
Review of Sabor de la India

Sabor de la India
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Best restaurant in xela. We receive group up to 25 without reservation.Everything locally purchased.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We've eaten at Sabor de India many times and have always enjoyed it.....since the owner first opened up. He consistently has wonderful food....especially love the samosas and my family all love the mango lassis. And I like that it is really spicy since so many places in the States tone down their Indian food.

There are newer reviews for Sabor de la India

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

this restaurant gave us a bit of flavor after months and months of bland starches served wrapped up in a variety of different ways. The vegetarian thali was split between 2 people and was ample in amount and flavor. We ordered also the naan relleno which I was sceptical of due to the mention of it being made with mozzerella cheese. But this is guatemala, and any cheese with flavor is like gold dust. The naan relleno was quite good, as was the cheese in it. Service was very good. I have an allergy to cashews and they feature on the menu. The waiter was very helpful when it came to seeing to my restrictions, checking with the kitchen. We also ate here while in xela a few months ago in october. We had fish but I cannnot remember the sauce. Korma? Rogan josh? It was very good, and it was a great birthday treat.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was so excited to eat here after a long time with no Indian food, and after the great reviews. In all fairness I am sure that one's experience will vary based on what they order, and I ordered the wrong thing..kofta khorma (not something I ever eat) so my fault completely.

The thali is a good choice given the variety you get. The worst part is the naan. It was awful and nothing like naan. I would suggest that they try and do something about this. The rest of the food was just ok.

Anyway, the smell of the restaurant is awesome, the staff friendly and efficient. I would suggest giving it a try and based on the other reviews there's a good chance you will like it.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been a couple of times to this place. The food is very good, granted I am not an expert on Indian food. The place could use better furniture but it is part of the charm.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've been in India several times and had my share of Indian food. Sabor is an unexpected surprise in this very Guatemalan city. Of course not all ingredients used in the Indian cuisine are available in Xela, but that makes the quality of the food even better. The dishes are very big, especially compared to normal Guatemalan amounts. It's normal that you cannot finish your meal. But you will lick your fingers with it. And the service is quick, friendly and welcoming. One thing: I tried the chai (Indian tea) and was a bit disappointed by the strange flavor. But maybe that's just me. Meals are a bit more expensive than in general, but, as said before, you get the amount and quality for it. All over a great place to have dinner!