“love indian food”
Review of Sabor de la India

Sabor de la India
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Best restaurant in xela. We receive group up to 25 without reservation.Everything locally purchased.
miami
“love indian food”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place is great! My only reason for giving it a three star is that everything around town is economical and this place seemed expensive. Perhaps I am spoiled living in Guatemala for a while. If this were outside of Guatemala the prices would be normal.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank makepeace

Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Delicious & interesting”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

After looking desperately for a place to eat on a Sunday night, we found Sabor de la India and we were not disappointed. The curry was excellent, just a little spicy, so were the lentils. The lassi is absolutely delicious, it has cardamom and you can mix fruit. I had one of the most interesting ice creams, strawberry and basil, it tasted fab.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank mary c
San Diego, California
“Delicious Indian Food in Guatemala”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

After a somewhat disappointing restaurant experience our first night in Xela we were very lucky to come across Sabor de la India. It was some of the best food since I have been in the country. If we happen to return to Xela we will be dining here again for sure.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank cpowell623
Panajachel, Guatemala
“When craving Indian in Guatemala, go here.”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have enjoyed my visits to Sabor de la India. It is an especially nice place to eat as a solo traveler (or as a couple and they even have a great room for large parties)

The plates are big and the food quality very good. I would recommend the vegetarian plates as my favorite.

A definite very good is my opinion.

Visited January 2012
La Feria, Texas
“Very good Indian food”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Sabor de la India is owned by a great guy from India and his Guatemalan wife whom I have know for years. The food, service, and atmosphere are excellent and will be much appreciated by any traveler who has not had good Indian food for a while. My only reservation in giving an overall excellent rating is that the prices for some menu items do not correspond to portion size. For this reason, I do not visit as often as I used to. But I still recommend the place and am still happy to go there when invited by out-of-town visitors.

• Visited May 2012