“Delicious & interesting”
Review of Sabor de la India

Sabor de la India
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Best restaurant in xela. We receive group up to 25 without reservation.Everything locally purchased.
Reviewed July 17, 2012

After looking desperately for a place to eat on a Sunday night, we found Sabor de la India and we were not disappointed. The curry was excellent, just a little spicy, so were the lentils. The lassi is absolutely delicious, it has cardamom and you can mix fruit. I had one of the most interesting ice creams, strawberry and basil, it tasted fab.

1  Thank mary c

Reviewed July 1, 2012

After a somewhat disappointing restaurant experience our first night in Xela we were very lucky to come across Sabor de la India. It was some of the best food since I have been in the country. If we happen to return to Xela we will be dining here again for sure.

1  Thank cpowell623
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have enjoyed my visits to Sabor de la India. It is an especially nice place to eat as a solo traveler (or as a couple and they even have a great room for large parties)

The plates are big and the food quality very good. I would recommend the vegetarian plates as my favorite.

A definite very good is my opinion.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Sabor de la India is owned by a great guy from India and his Guatemalan wife whom I have know for years. The food, service, and atmosphere are excellent and will be much appreciated by any traveler who has not had good Indian food for a while. My only reservation in giving an overall excellent rating is that the prices for some menu items do not correspond to portion size. For this reason, I do not visit as often as I used to. But I still recommend the place and am still happy to go there when invited by out-of-town visitors.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

A guidebook I read said that Sabor de la India was the best Indian food in Guatemala. That may be true, though it would qualify as only a little above average when compared to other Indian restaurants I have sampled across the US. The Nan bread was outstanding; my curry dish, however, was a little bland. The atmosphere was nice and the service was fine. Check it out if you're fiending for a taste of India, but don't go in with great expectations.

1  Thank PHDSW