“Good comfort food”

Albamar
Ranked #24 of 140 Restaurants in Quetzaltenango
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I like the downtown location of this restaurant. The interior of the building is very elegant and makes this budget restaurant feel like a 5-star place. The menu quite large with something for every taste. The service is consistently good.

1  Thank kayak-atitlan

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Have eaten here twice, great service. I only see local Guatemalan families here. It appears to be a middle-class restaurant chain with local food but nothing special.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

On March 29, 2013, I had an afternoon lunch at Albamar near the Parque Central. I went with a friend and her four-year-old son. I ordered a nice chef salad. My friend and her son ordered baked chicken plates. The total bill, including a tip was Q140.

Albamar is not as trendy as other locations around the Parque Central, but I had no complaints about the food, service, or cleanliness of the dining room or bathrooms. It has an upscale feel, with table cloths and cloth napkins, so it can be a good option for your parents or business associates, but without spending an unreasonable amout of money.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Certain nights of the week they have a live Marimba band. The waiters are first class and the menu is quite extensive and very well priced. Quite a wonderful surprise! I had both dinner and breakfast there. Both meals were wonderful.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I have been enjoying this nice cafe style restaurant for over 5 years. It is in a great location, the staff is very attentive, and the menu has some great Guatemala fare. I have always felt the kitchen is clean and safe for tourists. My favorite is the large soup bowl.