Hostal don Diego
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Quetzaltenango
See available hotels
Anna Inn Hotel(Quetzaltenango)
View Hotel
Grand Santa Maria Hotel(Quetzaltenango)
View Hotel
Hotel S&J Bella Luna(Quetzaltenango)
Hotel Modelo(Quetzaltenango)
Pension Bonifaz Hotel(Quetzaltenango)
Hotel Real Virginia(Quetzaltenango)
View Hotel
Hostal Maya House(Quetzaltenango Department)
Hotel Los Olivos(Quetzaltenango)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The location is nice,room is ok,internet works ok. There is nice kitchen. Shower is not really hot but it's ok. Price is nice for 2people is 130Q one night. It's cheap so you can save money. People work here are not so friendly,but it doesn't matter.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The place has a good location near the town square but that is about as good as it gets. The prices are fair but the place is dark and dingy and will suffice but certainly nothing to brag about. I stayed for a few nights until the not so friendly staff informed me that I could not renew my stay because they were all booked up. So I walked a few blocks on the other side of the square and found a much better place with an incredible balcony and friendly staff that cost the same price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The staff is nice, the place looks fine, other guests were quiet and respectful and the price is pretty good for those on a budget but our overall experience was disappointing. Paper thin walls so you could hear everything -- and I mean EVERYTHING -- from the next room (like sorting through luggage! turning pages in a book!) Although ads in local mags say they provide breakfast, there wasn't so much as coffee, though you do have use of their kitchen. (The hostel might consider updating their information!) The internet only works in certain areas and the shower remained too cold so I eventually gave up. One night was plenty for us. Xela has many options -- I'd look elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NomadTanuki
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. The location is only 2 blocks from the main square and there are a lot of good places to eat nearby. I had a single room which was cheap and clean. The internet didn't really work well in my room and the shower wasn't really warm, but those were the only downsides. The staff was nice enough to let me check out late because I climbed Santa Maria the day I was supposed to leave.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Descent hostel if you are looking for a private room for a longer stay. The private rooms are nice, with windows and comfortable beds and the monthly rent isn't too much. Dorms are ok too. The hostel is quit big and has a good kitchen. Although the cooking gear can use some renewal.
The lady working at the hostel is very knowledgeable about anything to do in Guatemala and more than willing to help you out.

I would recommend it for long stayers, room tip are the rooms upstairs!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo