“A nice and friendly place”
Review of Hotel Casa Rosada

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Livingston
Hotel Casa Rosada
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Livingston
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had a nice experience udring my one night stay at this hotel close to the water. The small bungalows had just what you need to spend the night, no fancy accomodation but very simple and just my cup of tea! The bathroom and the wc were separate and to share with the others. No problems with that either. Everything worked out perfectly and the breakfast was good too! The nice environment with a garden fulll of nice flowers and trees, a lazy cat sleeping all day and children bathing next to the hotel gave the whole place a charming touch and a feeling of relaxation. I tried the swimmingpool pool at next door's hotel for a minor fee and it was very relaxing too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Casa Rosada

Reviewed September 29, 2013

No English spoken. Nice dock with hammocks. Each room is a separate thatched roof hut. Each hut has 2 single beds, with mosquito nets above each bed. The bathroom for the complex is at the end of the row of huts. No air conditioning. Too much like camp from when I was growing up. Most of the guests seem to be back packers

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Don G
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at Casa Rosada in 2012, I had been living in Honduras for a year and was on a short month backpacking trip. I had travelled through Livingston 4 years before and stayed at some weird places so this time I was pleasantly suprised :) Casa Rosada has a lovely little dock to sit and watch the boats and birds go by, really friendly staff, the rooms were well kept, food was delicious. I would recommend all my friends to stay here, it's good value and they have lots of further travel advice too if you need it. I'm just sorry it took me so long to get myself on here and review!! Thanks Casa Rosada staff :) Shelley from Altons Dive Centre if you remember me haha

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was surprised by the beauty of the place, whoever I was also surprised by the bad management and the terrible service that the waitresses provided. I had to wait for almost an hour to get my breakfast, while the ladies where chit chatting. It’s a shame such a bad customer service for a place as beautiful as Casa Rosada.

Room Tip: I didn’t stay there.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I came to this hotel on Tripadvisor recommendations but I was totally disappointed. The bungalow (#7) I got was rotten and fell moth.
The worst was in the morning and when I ask for my bill to cancel the lady who does the accounts had not come (10:30am) and I wait 20 minutes after this time the cook went to awaken the German volunteer to make my bill but in all this time I lost the boat and the bus, all my travel schedule was ruined. Ask for the manager who mentioned in Tripadvisor a certain Ishmael to complain but they said was on holiday in Belize.
Sorry but my experience at this hotel was very bad.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank carytravel2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I visited Livingston, Izabal in June of this year. We stopped at Casa Rosada when we first arrived in this quaint little port town on the Atlantic Coast of Guatemala. I was with a team of fellow volunteers, and although we didn't stay at this hotel, we did spend some time here during our week long visit it Guatemala. Many thanks to Ismael, and Peachy for their outstanding hospitality ! If I return to Livingston I would definitely like to stay at Casa Rosada !

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hotel Casa Rosada is a really wonderful place to stay. The décor throughout is wonderful, and the food, though not cheap, is of a really high standard. There is a pier with a small hut at the end where you can lounge in a hammock while looking out over the river, and the beautiful gardens are a lovely place to spend an afternoon reading. We stayed in a double cabaña which was very comfortable, but had one drawback, the heat. While a ceiling fan was provided, the bed comes with a built in mosquito net which completely blocks any breeze from the fan. We asked if there was a standing fan we could use, but there wasn't one available. This meant we had a rather uncomfortable, sweaty night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Hotel Finca Tatin
Hotel Salvador Gaviota
Hotel Salvador Gaviota
#7 of 8 in Livingston
Hotel Mansion del Rio

Been to Hotel Casa Rosada? Share your experiences!