“Perfect great value lovely staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Casa Rosada

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Livingston
Hotel Casa Rosada
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Livingston
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect great value lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at Casa Rosada in 2012, I had been living in Honduras for a year and was on a short month backpacking trip. I had travelled through Livingston 4 years before and stayed at some weird places so this time I was pleasantly suprised :) Casa Rosada has a lovely little dock to sit and watch the boats and birds go by, really friendly staff, the rooms were well kept, food was delicious. I would recommend all my friends to stay here, it's good value and they have lots of further travel advice too if you need it. I'm just sorry it took me so long to get myself on here and review!! Thanks Casa Rosada staff :) Shelley from Altons Dive Centre if you remember me haha

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mexico, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was surprised by the beauty of the place, whoever I was also surprised by the bad management and the terrible service that the waitresses provided. I had to wait for almost an hour to get my breakfast, while the ladies where chit chatting. It’s a shame such a bad customer service for a place as beautiful as Casa Rosada.

Room Tip: I didn’t stay there.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Zurich
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I came to this hotel on Tripadvisor recommendations but I was totally disappointed. The bungalow (#7) I got was rotten and fell moth.
The worst was in the morning and when I ask for my bill to cancel the lady who does the accounts had not come (10:30am) and I wait 20 minutes after this time the cook went to awaken the German volunteer to make my bill but in all this time I lost the boat and the bus, all my travel schedule was ruined. Ask for the manager who mentioned in Tripadvisor a certain Ishmael to complain but they said was on holiday in Belize.
Sorry but my experience at this hotel was very bad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank carytravel2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I visited Livingston, Izabal in June of this year. We stopped at Casa Rosada when we first arrived in this quaint little port town on the Atlantic Coast of Guatemala. I was with a team of fellow volunteers, and although we didn't stay at this hotel, we did spend some time here during our week long visit it Guatemala. Many thanks to Ismael, and Peachy for their outstanding hospitality ! If I return to Livingston I would definitely like to stay at Casa Rosada !

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hotel Casa Rosada is a really wonderful place to stay. The décor throughout is wonderful, and the food, though not cheap, is of a really high standard. There is a pier with a small hut at the end where you can lounge in a hammock while looking out over the river, and the beautiful gardens are a lovely place to spend an afternoon reading. We stayed in a double cabaña which was very comfortable, but had one drawback, the heat. While a ceiling fan was provided, the bed comes with a built in mosquito net which completely blocks any breeze from the fan. We asked if there was a standing fan we could use, but there wasn't one available. This meant we had a rather uncomfortable, sweaty night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Boise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Wonderful staff, terrific food, simple but very clean accommodations, lovely public areas. Especially enjoyed the dock's palapa with hammocks where the afternoon breeze was savored. Staff were super helpful arranging our further transit upstream. Even if you don't stay here, do make time to stop by for a meal! (And if you order the tapado, expect Pibu the mellow black cat to pay you the utmost attention!)

Room Tip: We were in the first two rooms near the street entrance but had no trouble with noise. Of course it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Sadly we did not stay the night here. However we came stumble upon this place and met the manager Izmael who was very nice and helpful , told us about a beach we could go to and arranged a taxi to take us. We came back and decide to have dinner here and it was by far the best tapado I've had . Service was so great and the attention from the manager was excellent. Definitely recommend this place . :D

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Hotel Finca Tatin
#7 of 9 in Livingston
Amatique Bay Resort & Marina
Amatique Bay Resort & Marina
#1 of 3 in Puerto Barrios

Been to Hotel Casa Rosada? Share your experiences!