See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 16, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at Garden Gate for a couple nights in Dec 2010 and I was the best room we found in all of Guatemala! Dave and Maria (owners) treat you not only as a guest, but welcome you as a friend. Their English skills are perfect (Dave being from the US) and were extremely helpful in answering questions.

The room was VERY clean and amazingly comfortable. The bed is a Sealy Posturpedic, which made for better night's sleep then I get at home! Though not on the water (we check out all those places and they were NOT nice at all) Garden Gate offers a great view of it, as well as an amazing garden that is full of fruit trees.

The place is a great value and is very reasonably priced! The owners really go out of their way to help you and offered the best service we experienced on our trip. They have beefy locks and offer great security on the premises! Truly a worry free stay! I would highly recommend it to anyone who would like a quiet place to get some rest. Also, great food available (owners also have best restaurant in town) and free reliable WiFi!

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew_Fo
Firefly010, Manager at Garden Gate Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2011

Maria and I are gratefull for the fine review you have given for our Guest-House, we feel honored that you chose the Garden Gate Guest House for your stay here in Livingston...