“Great place to stay! Charming & affordable!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Livingston
Hotel Rios Tropicales
Ranked #5 of 11 Livingston B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here about a month ago during my travels through Central America, and I would highly recommend it! It's in a great location, the decor is really lovely and lovingly done, and the vibe is chill and relaxing. I was traveling alone, and Melanie was extremely cool and helpful to me. Their restaurant across the street is also really nice, and they make great mojitos! It was one of my favorite places I stayed during my trip. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Livingston, and I would recommend Livingston to anyone visiting Guatemala!

Room Tip: Single rooms with shared bathroom are very nice and still affordable
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Rios Tropicales G, Owner at Hotel Rios Tropicales, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Emily R,

I am happy to hear you have a lot fun around Guatemala specially in Livingston. Thanks for mentioned our great Mojitos made in Mc Tropic Restaurant and i love that you like them. Now we're having new specials infusions coctails so you are welcome to come back again and taste it! Send you positive vibes to you for this new year!

Melanie

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am going to be honest with you, as I always am in my reviews. I did not stay at the hotel. The reason that I am taking the time to write this review is because of the advice that I have received from Melanie concerning the travel agency portion. This is my first trip to Central America and I have many questions. Melanie has always been very patient with me and very helpful. Whenever I needed to get around within the country, she would use her contacts to hook me up. If you find yourself in Livingston for any reason in the future and need some advice about local areas or neighboring countries, then please don't hesitate to stop in, say "Hola" and get ready for and adventure or an easy transfer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
RIOSTROPICALES_GUATE, Owner at Hotel Rios Tropicales, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Kyle L,

It was always a pleasure to talked to you and gave you all the information you need it, i am happy to hear that our transfer around Central America were to your likely and that you spend a good time on your vacation and for any other traveler that is willing to come to livingston please feel free to contact me in Hotel Rios Tropicales or Mc Tropic Restaurant. ! Safe Travels Kyle L and happy new year 2014.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

While we were looking for a mid budget place to stay in Livingston. After we checked every place of this budget level (all looked worse than jails) we came back to these simple but nice and clean rooms. And most of all Melanie, the owner. This brilliant girl is so helpful and the one to organize the trip to La Ceiba-Honduras ontime to catch the same day trip to the Bay Islands (a bit expensive though). Their restaurant is also excellent and with nice prices.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Alexandros_T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are so glad to hear that you spend a good time in Livingston as well to know that our transfer to la Ceiba and other services were to your completely satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit and happy new year 2014.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hola...

This February I was traveling around Central America whit a group of travelers...In Livingston we stay in Hotel Rios Tropicales...The place has a great garden, great coffee and rooms...And Melanie and Stefanie are just super! They help us a lot and they make our stay as comfortable as possible!
Thank you and hope to see you next year...
Tom

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
RIOSTROPICALES_GUATE, Owner at Hotel Rios Tropicales, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear TomoPet,

Thank you for your nice review, we glad to hear you and your group of travelers enjoy your stay with us. Looking forward of seeing you soon next year! Mel&Steph.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed in one of the cheaper rooms with shared bathroom. The room was very basic but clean. The mattresses were a bit too hard and the pillows too thin for good sleep. What is best in this place is the beautiful garden patio with lots of plants, hammocks and chairs. Perfect place for relaxing. The staff were friendly and welcoming and they keep the place really clean. I'd like to also recommend the coffee and the food in their restaurant. Their Tapado was the best we had in Livingston.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MiiFinland
RIOSTROPICALES_GUATE, Owner at Hotel Rios Tropicales, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you MiiFinland for your candid comments! We are glad to know you spent a good time with us in Livingston. My apologize if the mattresses and pillows were too hard, we will take this in count for further customers and make sure everybody can have a better sleep in our place. I am happy to read that you liked the coffee and the Tapado in our restaurant Mc Tropic.
See you soon! xoxo.. Melanie!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We ended up meeting Melanie at the restaurant who kindly offered a peaceful and harmonious place to stay.

It was a wonderful experience coming from all the rest of the friends, including the wonderful couple whom originally were impressed with the place.

Highly recommend whatever your interests are..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2012

In the very center of Livingston, this is a very nice place to stay. The owners have put all their love and effort into decorating their hotel and restaurant (across the street) with a lot of little details. The clean and comfortable rooms are organized around a lovely patio, which is a nice place to hang out and read a book. All in all, the hotel is quite cozy, so you may wake up at night should there be a noisy guest in the room next door. But that's about the only "bad" thing that we have found. The owners are really lovely and helpful, and we'll be back any time we get a chance to go to Livingston again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Hotel Villa Caribe
Amatique Bay Resort & Marina
Amatique Bay Resort & Marina
#1 of 3 in Puerto Barrios
Hotel y Restaurante Casa Escondida

Been to Hotel Rios Tropicales? Share your experiences!