this was by far the worst hostel experience we have ever had, the staff were incompetent and regulated by a manager who was consistently more drunk and high than anyone else in the entire compound. there was fighting between guests and staff, of which the staff were to high to deal with. the rooms were infested with rats at night. the staff consistently did not care about there customer welfare and were interested in only making money, of which we are sure none goes back into the local community.
DO NOT STAY HERE
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de la Iguana is a fabulously famous party hostel for fun and friendly happy travellers. It is set in a jungle garden with awesome wooden cabins and dormitories all unique and worth the extra Q for a good nights sleep. We may not be the cheapest in Livingston but we pride ourselves on having handmade lockers in each dorm, comfortable beds, spacious private rooms, superb wifi for Skyping and calls home, great social staff and fantastic fun most evenings, especially when a lively Happy Hour involved. There is fantastic free wifi. the best in Livingston actually, as well as an international book exchange. We also arrange tours to Belize, La Ceiba, Siete Altares, Playa Blanca and Rio Dulce and recently added, our own very exciting Tiger Cave trip and Fishing (eat what you catch). Spanish Lessons available too. We have a great reputation for our parties but it happens when we have a great bunch of people too! Come see us soon, meet other like-minded free spirits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Casa De La Iguana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De La Iguana Hotel Livingston
- Casa De La Iguana Guatemala/Livingston