We slept in the iguana 2 nights in the beginning of january. We took a private room. In the time we were there 120$ were stolen from the dorm and 30$ were stolen from my bag (which was in the private room). The hostel has no gate, and it's open- anyone can get inside during the day.
Other then that it was rainy- and rain started dripping inside our room near the beds. (The hostel located in a swamp, after heavy rain you have to pass in deep paddels).
In general, in my opinion, livingston is defenitley a place you can skip; The beach is filthy, they dry fish in the village so the streets allways smells. If it's not in your way i would recommand not to sleep on the lake - in beautiful finca tatin for example.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de la Iguana is a fabulously famous party hostel for fun and friendly happy travellers. It is set in a jungle garden with awesome wooden cabins and dormitories all unique and worth the extra Q for a good nights sleep. We may not be the cheapest in Livingston but we pride ourselves on having handmade lockers in each dorm, comfortable beds, spacious private rooms, superb wifi for Skyping and calls home, great social staff and fantastic fun most evenings, especially when a lively Happy Hour involved. There is fantastic free wifi. the best in Livingston actually, as well as an international book exchange. We also arrange tours to Belize, La Ceiba, Siete Altares, Playa Blanca and Rio Dulce and recently added, our own very exciting Tiger Cave trip and Fishing (eat what you catch). Spanish Lessons available too. We have a great reputation for our parties but it happens when we have a great bunch of people too! Come see us soon, meet other like-minded free spirits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Casa De La Iguana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De La Iguana Hotel Livingston
- Casa De La Iguana Guatemala/Livingston