I've now stayed at Casa de la Iguana three times, and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Livingston. You're bound to have a rad time, even in low season, as the staff are always up for some shenanigans. I've seen so many different staff here as they tend to be backpackers stopping here to work for a month or two but they've always been fun, friendly, and helpful. The owner Rusty is a character definitely worth meeting.
There are plenty of hammocks to chill out in, surprisingly efficient internet, cheap happy hour, awesome food, and what I consider a gorgeous property. The dorms and bathrooms are always clean. The private cabanas are beautiful.
People do need to understand that: 1. The jungle is literally Casa Iguana's backyard, so insects happen, and 2. It is a party hostel. It's far more common that a wild night of skinny dipping and drunken rafter dancing will be your experience here rather than a quiet, cozy night reading in your room. But I have met plenty of people here who were on the quieter side and thoroughly enjoyed their stay here as well.
If you're a fun, open minded person who wants to experience the really unique culture of Livingston, Casa de la Iguana is totally for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de la Iguana is a fabulously famous party hostel for fun and friendly happy travellers. It is set in a jungle garden with awesome wooden cabins and dormitories all unique and worth the extra Q for a good nights sleep. We may not be the cheapest in Livingston but we pride ourselves on having handmade lockers in each dorm, comfortable beds, spacious private rooms, superb wifi for Skyping and calls home, great social staff and fantastic fun most evenings, especially when a lively Happy Hour involved. There is fantastic free wifi. the best in Livingston actually, as well as an international book exchange. We also arrange tours to Belize, La Ceiba, Siete Altares, Playa Blanca and Rio Dulce and recently added, our own very exciting Tiger Cave trip and Fishing (eat what you catch). Spanish Lessons available too. We have a great reputation for our parties but it happens when we have a great bunch of people too! Come see us soon, meet other like-minded free spirits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Casa De La Iguana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De La Iguana Hotel Livingston
- Casa De La Iguana Guatemala/Livingston