“Spiritually enlightening...”
Review of Mystical Yoga Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santiago Atitlan
Mystical Yoga Farm
Reviewed April 12, 2014

In March 2014, I spent 5 days at the Farm: Vipassanna, silent meditation and yoga with Mark Miller-Facilitator. The experience was extraordinary. The people were kind, gracious, helpful, knowledgeable and deeply spiritual with impeccable boundaries. The food was locally grown, lovingly, skillfully, artfully prepared and presented. The accommodations were beautiful, simple and exactly what I wanted for peace and harmony. The land and the lake are incredibly powerful. I shall return with gratitude and knowledge that the next spiritual experience will built upon the last. Gratitude to the loving and helpful staff and to Bonnie for her guidance.

Room Tip: Growthful and deeply spiritual...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I spent November 2013 at the farm for 24 days. I've taken it in my heart back to Canada. My journey was to take my YTT 200hr and celebrate my 40th birthday with a spiritual connection. The combination of all the beautiful souls partaking and the hard working, creative farm workers made for one of the most memorable times of my life. This is a little "peace" of paradise if your interested in community living, simplicity, sustainability, yoga and evolving your spirit. I do plan on returning in the future :)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I spent a little over 3 weeks at the Mythical Yoga Farm and can't stop raving about the experience. The farm is located in between the volcanos, right on the lake. The views from the shala where I practiced daily yoga, the rancho where I enjoyed Pedro's amazing vegetarian cooking, and from the hammock outside my room all took my breath away....every single day! Speaking of the food, it was fresh and always something new from pizza, pasta, sushi to traditional Guatemalan. It was also very easy to get a boat to the surrounding towns on the lake if you want to explore. The staff was incredibly invested in the farm and educating and making us comfortable with such such passion. ALthough the place is rustic, it quickly felt like home. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Mystical Yoga Farm is a little piece of stillness on a lake that can get a bit much at times. The lake is amazing but most people stay on the main big bit of the lake and miss this little inlet in the corner, which seems somehow even more magical. The farm is very much off the beaten track and is only accessible by boat, so you really get the feel of the energy of the lake as it is away from everything else.

I went for a personal retreat in the middle of travelling and I was so pleased I did. I was a little worried about the price since its more than I normally budget, but after i went there I realised its totally worth it - especially when you think you get a private room, three amazing healthy meals a day, yoga, meditation, sauna, kayaks, sailboat, lake view, incredible library (to enjoy in a hammock!) and basically free education from the people that are there. I think they also do a lot of community work which is cool to know that I was sort of taking part by being there.

Also, I was there for the end of a yoga teacher training and that was amazing to kind of look in on this group of people all stimulated about this new thing they were learning. I was able to get the gist of some of the things they were doing and I actually learned quite a bit just from that. It was cool to see them combining yoga with native american shaman medicine and to see how these teachings can actually apply to day-day life. This experience really helped me get perspective and I feel quite inspired to continue to learn about a lot of the things I talked about when i was there.

The place is a kind of semi-permanent community that are working towards sustainability mixed with a retreat space. I imagine the energy of the place changes quite a bit depending on the number of people there etc. but you get the feeling that all is how it is meant to be. This is the kind of place where you feel like the people who are there are there for a reason and one of them was for you to meet them. I felt really welcome even though I wasn't part of the training or the work trade group. I quickly made new friends who really seemed to 'get it', and I also took lots of time to myself to reflect on my own stuff.

I saw a bad review here and was really surprised - i know they had a change of management earlier this year so maybe things changed??? I definitely would say check it out for yourself - I thought things were well run and strongly intentioned and I would recommend this place to anyone - especially if you are looking for a bit of a deeper understanding of why you came to the lake or just generally looking for more of a conscious connection.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I enjoyed my experience at the mystical yoga farm. The accommodations were basic, but comfortable. I was the only guest on the farm so I had a cabin to myself. The food was nourishing and vegetarian. Some food came from the garden, but most came from the town market. The food was half organic I assume, due to a large percentage coming from the town market. Lindsey peck was our cook, yoga teacher and site facilitator. She was wonderful, experienced and full of knowledge regarding yoga.
I went for a retreat to relax and rejuvenate from work stress. I felt like I accomplished what I went for. I got peace, quiet and a wonderful view of the lake.
I would recommend going to the mystical yoga farm if you like nature, yoga, and rustic
accommodations.
I stayed for a five night yoga retreat.