We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay here and wished we had more than 2 nights. This is run by and American couple that has had this property in their family for many years. All the staff is friendly and helpful. Very reasonable prices, the little rustic casita for $65 was perfect for 2. We got here by taking a public water taxi from Panajachel for about $10 a person, then a tuk-tuk to the hotel. The pool and the hot tub look out onto the lake, and they will bring you food and drinks while you unwind there. Lush grounds and hammocks by the cabins to relax in. Breakfasts and dinners were terrific. The 2 shrimp dishes on the dinner menu are a must try and the prices were very reasonable too. Also, during your stay make sure to take in a 60 minute massage for $20. Only problem we had was the free internet was down which was no fault of the hotel. We did not find a lot to do in the town; you can walk around for a bit, there are a few shops, and we had a kid lead us through alleys to the home that holds Maximo, which apparently every year a different home gets to keep. If you are going to Santiago de Atitlan this is definitely the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over seventeen years the Posada de Santiago has built a reputation for excellence among travel agencies, tour groups, and countless satisfied guests from across the globe. Nestled between the volcanoes that cradle the indigenous Tzutujil village of Santiago Atitlan, the Posada provides the perfect base from which to experience Guatemala's natural beauty and colorful cultures. With charming stone cottage lodgings, renowned cuisine and luxurious lake front amenities, the Posada is a place where happy guests want to return. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala - Lake Atitlan