I stayed here two nights in a very comfortable and clean bungalow. I would highly recommend it for someone seeking a quiet or romantic place surrounded by gorgeous nature. The staff was hospitable, the breakfast great. There's a nice deck looking out onto the lake and volcano where I hung out early in the morning or late afternoon, when bird watching was great. I had hoped to not be so far from the reserve (a 30 minute boat ride away), where I spent a few hours one day, and near the more active town Penechal (sp). So decide where around the lake you want to visit ahead of time, and choose your hotel based on that. The lake trek can be rough. All said, it's a very nice play to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over seventeen years the Posada de Santiago has built a reputation for excellence among travel agencies, tour groups, and countless satisfied guests from across the globe. Nestled between the volcanoes that cradle the indigenous Tzutujil village of Santiago Atitlan, the Posada provides the perfect base from which to experience Guatemala's natural beauty and colorful cultures. With charming stone cottage lodgings, renowned cuisine and luxurious lake front amenities, the Posada is a place where happy guests want to return. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala - Lake Atitlan